Spring Training

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Spring Training

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I went to spring training two years ago. I like to go watch the morning workouts in the minor league complex and in the afternoon attend the major league game if the Cardinals are playing in Jupiter or go to the minor league complex to see the games there.

Two years ago we were able to park inside the outer fence and basically watch all the activity in the minor league complex. I think there may have been a few fields we could not reach but it didn’t interfere with way I wanted to do.

My understanding is that there have been security changes that will prevent me from following this routine if I go this year. Particularly on parking restrictions.

Can anyone bring me up to date on what to expect if I go this coming spring.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Unless things change, you will have to park on the side streets nearby. The entry is still the same place off Central Blvd. They have a metal detector though which everyone must pass. You will have access to the Kissell Quad once in. Do not dally too long after the action ends as the security people lock up and go home. From personal experience, I do not recommend the long walk around to get back to the car!

Uncle Denny might chip in with additional perspective.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years