Spring training game #18 – “at” Marlins – Tue 3/13

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Spring training game #18 – “at” Marlins – Tue 3/13

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

After Monday’s day off for the major leaguers:

Carlos Martinez vs. Jose Urena. 1:05 p.m. first pitch. KMOX/CRN, no TV.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Big 1st innings for the Cards. Muñoz keeps hacking away for that opening day roster spot. 6-0 Cards after one. Marlins Urena last just 0.1 IP which considering this late in ST can’t be good.

2nd inning and Cards have already plated 2 more runs. This is the offensive outburst we’ve been waiting on.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Carp gets 2 plate appearances and gets 8 straight balls. He doesn’t get to swing the bat. With Cards up 11-0 his day is finished and we’ll have to wait another day to see him test the shoulder/back.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards win 11-4 to even spring record to 8-8-2.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

he got two walks…makes me happy..

he also ran the bases and scored both times which tells me his back is getting better

didnt swing..but to be honest…i dont care…he can take walks every time at the plate and i will be happy…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I read yesterday where Carp admitted that he got in trouble last year by focusing too much on power but this year he was going to back to playing “his game”. I like the sound of that although I’d still rather have him hit leadoff and have Fowler hit third.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

A word of caution for anyone using Gameday to determine how many pitches a batter faces during an at-bat or a pitcher throws during an at-bat: they don’t show all the pitches.

As an example, it was posted that Carpenter saw 8 straight balls during his at-bats yesterday. Actually, he had 4 straight balls in his first at-bat but swung and fouled off 3 pitches in his second at-bat. Since he walked in his second at-bat, Gameday showed that he only saw 4 pitches and they were all balls when he actually saw at least 7 pitches.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.