Siegrist DFA'd

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Siegrist DFA'd

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Gant recalled

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

tough one to see… thought he’d get a chance to right his ship for the final month…

maybe he will pass through and we can hold onto him…

can’t imagine the vets are going to like this move

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There are a few contenders that might like him down the stretch if he is healthy. My bet is that he is traded before midnight.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Alcantara on his way up too it seems…

seems with rosters expanding tomorrow we are going to have some more arms at least

Gant and Alcantara adds some quality to the pen…a long man to spell the youngsters if they need the innings…Alcantara for late inning flame OR multiple innings too

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Siegrist joins Maness among the young relievers quickly used up. Among the three, only Rosenthal has survived, sort of.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Bowman is looking at his future.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

I predicted he wouldn’t last when he was in the Arizona Fall League. His delivery was one that was destined to lead to arm trouble. He’s most likely used up as was said above.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Let us not forget he was arby eligible in 2018. Could this be about the almighty $$$?

This is a head scratcher for me. I know when right he can be a good lefthanded bullpen arm. Hopefully by some miracle he passes through but you look at those career numbers and a contender might not think twice before the deadline.

bccran
    Participant

Two professional seasons with more than 39 appearances? That’s “used up”?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Since it appears Seigrest didn’t get traded I’ll assume no one will want him now since he can’t pitch in the playoffs. That means he should stay under team control. Not sure what good that does because I can’t see them guaranteeing ~$1.5 million to him next year via arbitration.

Looking at this logically and it makes no sense. Is Duke any better this year? Given they are a coin flip who would pitch better the rest of the season why not keep the player you control next year? If he comes back strong in September you keep him or have a trade chip. If not you release or non tender him. Duke you lose no matter how he does. Makes no sense to me.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Siegrist may have been leaned on heavily in 2015, but he had issues all through the minor leagues as well.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Phillies selected Siegrist off waivers.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He gone.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good point on the comparison with Duke. Seems like keeping Siegrist over Duke would be the better way to go. But maybe the club sees Duke as a much better option in case we do have a chance at a post season berth, and they will worry about next year after this one is done.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I think we are going to regret this one. Tim McCarver even said he expects Siegrist to do well.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years