Shout out to the Cardinals broadcasters!

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Shout out to the Cardinals broadcasters!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Trump
    Participant

Free

Love the broadcasters on Balley’s and KMOX. I am older, so I love the history that both share. Lot’s of wisdom from all and they remain on a positive level. Keep up the great job! Go Cardinals!

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Welcome Mr. Trump,

When did you become a Cardinals fan?

bccran
    Participant

Maybe Mr. Trump took his name from the card game Bridge.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I don’t know why anybody would love the Cardinals announcers. McLaughlin is very good, but Edmonds is terrible. Thompson isn’t very good. Horton is passable. We need to bring Hrabosky back to the TV booth as far as I am concerned.

And the Reds announcers are terrible too. Jeff Brantley is the 2nd worst announcer in the history of the game, second only to Joe Morgan. Sadak and Larkin are horrific. However, Chris Welsh is as good as it gets.

The Giants have the best tandem in Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow. Giants fans should feel fortunate.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Giants broadcasters are indeed very good. Jon Miller is also in that mix.

I think the Mets have a very good duo in Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez even though I definitely dislike the Mets as a team.

I am not a big fan of many of the Cardinal broadcasters. Personally I like Jim Edmonds but that is just me. I usually have the tv muted when watching a game though.

1982 willie
    Participant

Talking about best or worst announcers is like talking about the best or worse movie or song. Everyone has a opinion but that means little. While I’m fine with all of them, I like Edmonds the best because of all the knowledge he imparts, a lot of it obscure. Now he doesn’t have a real great style about it but I’ll take knowledge over announcing skill every time. The few times I’ve had to try to sit through the reds announcers because of no cardinal announcers, Ive had to just turn the sound down so no. Far as anyone else, outside of Yankees to a minor bit, I’m not a fan of them, hundred percent cardinal fan. So I don’t like any of them, they are the enemy.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Dan is fine. Needs to quit trying to emulate those before him and call the game. Don’t be such a homer. Jim E is good when he talks hitting and fielding ,something he knows. Sometimes he and Dan get to rambling to much about other stuff. Maybe needs to tone it down. Love to see Al, Another that talks baseball and isn’t afraid to call it like he sees it. I like Ankiel. Doesn’t push it. Talks baseball. Sticks to it. Ricky is annoying but not terrible. Thompson is a terrible announcer. Never stops talking. Bout all I can say. Drives me nuts. Short journey I’ll agree. Not very credible talking hitting. Just my opinion. Give Me Dan, Al, Jim, and Ankiel.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dan McLaughlin and Brad Thompson are talking about Donovan like he’s a future HOF’er. Jeremy Hazelbaker looked like a future star for awhile, too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.