Shooting At Ballpark Village

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Shooting At Ballpark Village

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Whats up with that? Story wasn’t very detailed but it happened last night (Sunday night). Will security be beefed up for the games this week? Assume so since the arch-rival Cubs are in town for the weekend.

r/Rat

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I would be shocked if they didn’t have metal detectors installed and limited access points. However i will say that the times I’ve been to BPV its been pretty easy to get in and out of. My guess is security ia scaled down on non game day event. Likely a costcutting measure. BPV said they don’t even check bags.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My understanding is that the shooter went inside to look for the guy who was shot. This wasn’t a random act of violence. This was an assassination.

858booyah
    Participant

Free
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Sounds like the shooter and victim had some history of confrontations. But it is indeed sad when people cannot walk away from each other in tense situations, or at least “take it outside” and get in to an old fashioned fist fight.

When you combine tension, perhaps vengeance, and alcohol, most likely no good will come out of it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.