Rox and BoSox interested in Norris

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Rox and BoSox interested in Norris

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As this was reported as a real rumor via Goold i think it warrants a thread

I was wondering about Ryan McMahon from the Rockies, he has not really gotten a shot with the Rockies, but he has done about everything someone could in the minors to prove he deserves his shot, and with Arenado in the way, he isnt gonna play except out of position.

He may require a bit more than Norris but i think it might be worth it for a young 3bman with a hit tool like him. Even if his defense isnt great.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by thejagerthejager.
    thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As for the BoSox

they have several infield guys of interest, obviously Chavis being their top guy.

Could we package Gyorko, NOrris, and a good pitching prospect to them for Chavis?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Chavis just returned to playing because he served a 80 suspension for PEDS.The kid is supposed to b a solid hitter with power and average defensively at 3B.If Cards felt the risk of Chavis getting busted again (1 year suspension I think) was very unlikely to ever happen then why not take a chance and see if Boston would trade him.Red SozX have another top prospect in High A ball (Bobby Dalbec) for 3B so they have another option a couple years down the road.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wouldn’t you think the Cardinals learned their lesson with Delvin Perez? Posters who have never experienced steroids should take a regimen of steroids so they understand what it does to a person. If not posters, surely FO personnel should go that route.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don`t need to get typhoid fever to know that its not good for me.I would hope Cards would do their due diligence concerning PED issues and players being considered as trade targets .

Participant

Free

Tate Matheny must be a throw in. lol

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Learned from our lesson with Perez?

He’s doing fine I his first real taste

Anthony Reyes was busted too

Johnny Peralta served his time for his mistake and came back and played well he only broke down due to injury and age.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The word is out on these things. If I were a ballplayer, the possibility

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by AvatarPugsleyAddams.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Quick…..how do you delete a post on this new site!

Participant

Free

I don’t think you can and once it’s on line after 5 minutes you can’t alter it.

So you’re stuck with your screw up Pugs. lol

Participant

Free

Martinez with a decent start.

Participant

Free

Pugs, that’s great analysis. Reminds me of a guy I used to know from Texas.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah, I managed to delete most of it before time expired, Booyah. Was panicking for a few minutes there as if left as is, Brian surely would have dished out a 2 week suspension in my direction. Atripleshyofthecycle……love that name!!! Hope you stick around.

Participant

Free

If we are going to get a 3Bman from the Rockies, get Welker.

Participant

Free

If we are going to get a 3Bman from the Rockies, get Welker.

No way the Rockies are trading Welker now, Arenado is a free agent after next season.

Participant

Free

The Rockies would still have Rodgers, McMahon, Hampson and Vilade to fill out the 3 infield positions.

Participant

Free

I think Fowler might of had that base stolen. Bader should’ve pulled back.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

Norris deserves a trade or an extension. I’d prefer Mo give him another year or two.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals need Norris’ veteran presence in the bullpen, IMO.

Participant

Free

not for their 4th place finish they done

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

4th place finish…

.5 back of 3rd after the Bucs crazy streak which i doubt they or anyone else think they can sustain

and 4 out of the wildcard…where COL is one of their prime competitors who they are playing right now and bat last night after taking of 2 of 3 from the Cubs and splitting their last 8 with the Cubs….only losing 2-3 from the Reds where we had 2 no hitters into the 7th in 2 of those games

we overhaul the bullpen
    we clear a slumping offensive player for either a great defender in Bader or offensive potential of Oneill

I can see how holding NOrris could make sense…Jmart..less

still, i think they shoudl move them both…and even then i think they still have a good shot at the postseason

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Would love to have McMahon or Hampson in a deal involving Bud, depending on what else is involved. Welker would be great too, but probably tough to swing a deal for him.

Not sure the Rox are too anxious to part ways with those guys just yet, as they have the big decision to make with Arenado on the horizon. Nolan wants to play with a winner, and with the Rockies on the upswing and keeping Blackmon on board he might be enticed to stay put. I just hope he never dons a Cub uniform, although if he does it probably means the north-siders move either Bryant or Rizzo, which is not likely to happen. But maybe Bryant ends up being a left-fielder. Yikes, don’t even want to think about it!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years