2020 Playoff Rotation/Roster

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Playoff Rotation/Roster

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar:

My prediction of the order is Jack, Waino, and Kim. Now it wouldn’t shock me if Waino got game 1 but I would be very surprised if Kim got one of the first two games. There would be a lot of explaining to do if we got eliminated without Jack or Waino ever taking the mound.

This comment is stuck in my head.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If we lose the first two games without Jack taking the mound there will be some questions asked no doubt.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with what you are saying. I have no problem with Kim going first…. the guy has been a warrior all season.

Participant

Free

Not really he hasn’t been one of our best 2 SP this year….

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Have you guys been watching Jack pitch lately? Reputations don’t win games.

I would not second-guess this choice one bit no matter what happens. That should not be surprising since this sequence was my prediction ahead of time. Also, the rotation was lined up Kim, Wainwright and Flaherty and they stayed with it. All three will get one extra day of rest.

Last 30 days stats

Kim, 4 starts, 2.01 ERA
    Waino, 5 starts, 3.69 ERA
    Flaherty, 5 starts, 7.48 ERA

Now tell me again why I would want to push Flaherty ahead of the others to start Game 1?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The rotation was KK (last thurs), Flaherty (fri) and Adam (sat)

They flipped Adam and Jack. Jack hasn’t been pitching as well, maybe tweeked an ankle, and the same fan fallout exists if the old war horse Wainwright misses a possible 2 game series (elimination scenario).

Participant

Free

Onyxgem:

Who are our two best starting pitchers this year?

Participant

Free

Simple of the guys who can actually pitch right now AW and KK are the best 2 pitchers. Hudson would be another option but he is out for the year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the memory correction, jj. Makes it even clearer that the Cardinals are concerned about Jack right now.

Hudson’s last 30 days ERA is 2.25 over four starts. Would have been really interesting to see if he would have pitched ahead of Jack, too…

On the blame point, no matter what (if the Cards lose), some “fans” will search out someone to string up. Supporting facts are unnecessary.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The FO has been protective of Jack all season, no reason to expect them to change course now. Maybe his ankle is fine, only the insiders know.

Anyone who doesn’t like Jack not pitching in the first two games would also get their best case scenario in a possible game three I suppose, it’s just not guaranteed.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty has had a down year no doubt but I still view him as our one of our ace. I agree that reputations don’t win games but it doesn’t prevent us from playing Carp everyday.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Avatargscottar.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Straight from the two wrongs make a right department… 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years