Playoff Predictions

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Playoff Predictions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For the first time in 4 years we have meaningful baseball to be played in the postseason for our Birds. So what’s your call? My head says the Cards win the NLDS and lose the NLCS but my heart is believing they could win it all.

Officially I’ll say:

Nats over Brewers

Dodgers over Nats in 5
    Cards over Braves in 5

Dodgers over Cards in 6

Rays over As

Astros over Rays in 4
    Yankees over Twins in 3

Astros over Yankees in 6

Dodgers over Astros in 7

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

stlcard25, if you have time, go input your predictions at MLB.com for the $250,000 prize. It’s quick and free. I did that and made some bold predictions just for fun. If I were making predictions with something real at stake, I would go with more chalk and have the Astros over the Dodgers in the WS.

Anyway, here is what I put in the MLB.com bracket:

Nats over Brewers
    Nats over LA
    Cards over Braves
    Cards over Nats

As over Rays
    As over Astros
    Yanks over Twin Cities
    As over Yanks

Cards over As

You also have to answer some tiebreaker questions. Here are mine:

WS MVP: Edman
    Total # of WS Games: 5
    Total # of HRs hit in entire postseason: 74
    Total # of runs scored in WS: 40

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

Good picks Euro and Stlcard. I see stlcard is going with the if I don’t pick the Cardinals to win it all, then they will. Genius. 🤩. Here’s what I’m going with

Crew over Nats
    A’s over Rays

Cardinals over Braves (4)
    Crew over Dodgers (6)
    Yankees over Twins (7)
    Astros over A’s (5)

Cardinals over Crew (7)
    Yankees over Astros (6)

Cardinals over Yankees (5)

Participant

Free

I’ll play this game….

Brewers over Nats

Dodgers over Brewers in 5
    Braves over Cards in 4

Dodgers over Braves in 5

A’s over Rays

Astros over A’s in 4
    Yankees over Twins in 6

Astros over Yankees in 6

Astros over Dodgers in 6

The Astros have Verlander, Cole and Grienke pitching at least 6 out of 7 games, and with their lineup, I don’t see how they can get beat. Imagine if we had 3 Flaherty’s and a lineup that wasn’t in the bottom 5 of the league…..

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is always tough, i never want to predict anything against the Cards i always have to do two predictions, one with my heart and one with my head: (i dont like doing how many games to win prediction as it really doesnt matter)

Heart:
    WASH over MIL

STL over ATL
    LAD over WASH

STL over LAD

OAK over TB

MIN over NYY
    HOU over OAK

HOU over MIN
    ————
    STL over HOU
    ——————————–
    Brain:
    WASH over MIL

STL over ATL
    LAD over WASH

LAD over STL

OAK over TB

MIN over NYY
    HOU over OAK

HOU over MIN
    ————
    HOU over LAD

I really think the Twins will beat NYY (you can’t key in on anyone in the Twins lineup to beat which makes them tough to strategize against, plus their bullpen is pretty under the radar good)and I think the Cards are coming in stronger than ATL. And HOU seems a lock over just about anyone, no holes on that team at all really.

Participant

Paid - Annual

thejager – I agree with your ‘brain’ predictions. But, because of the Cardinals’ pitching, and their propensity to winning 1 run games lately, I think they are a sleeper for the playoffs. If some of their dormant bats come alive, they will be a force to contend with. Hopefully, the last game against the Cubs enabled them get their bats primed.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Nats over Brewers

Dodgers over Nats in 5
    Cards over Braves in 5

Dodgers over Cards in 6

Rays over A’s

Astros over Rays in 4
    Yankees over Twins in 4

Astros over Yankees in 7

Astros over Dodgers in 6

Participant

Free

I’m afraid I can’t play this game. I don’t believe the Cardinals can go all the way, not with our squishy offense. But I certainly hope they do. So I can’t bring myself to predict against them.

Rah Cardinals anyway.

Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re an honest hombre, CardinalinFrance. Back in 2006, on this very site ( named “The Birdhouse” at the time ), your’s truly nailed the perfect post season prediction. Anyone ready for an encore performance?

A.Nats over The Crew

1. Braves over the Birds (hope I’m wrong!)
    2. Dodgers over the Nats

3.Dodgers over Braves

A. A’s over Rays

1. Astros over A’s

2. Yanks over Twins

3. Yanks over Astros

World Series – Dodgers over Yanks

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

In the $250K contest I went with the same bracket as gscottar, but took the ‘Stros in 5 over LA.

But I see that the Crew has an early lead. I was hesitant to pick Washington in that game as they always stumble in post season.

Participant

Paid - Annual

well I hope the cardinals can pull it off. the way I see it, the braves have had their place locked up for a bit so mnaybe we can take advantage of some rust in game one, come back with Flaherty and win game 2, after that just need one. we usually play well against dodgers so we have a chance there. after that hard to say. personally I believe in pitching and defense in the playoffs especially. Houston has the best pitching to me by far of any teams and if they don’t get beat by the wild card team which they could, I heavily favor them over the yankees because I believe great pitching shuts down great offense especially home runs. my brain tells me the astros vs the dodgers but id rather it be somebody vs cardinals. if cards are there id rather not face the astros but we might as well beat them too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years