Player in season options

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Player in season options

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Isnt there a new rule this year about how many times a player can be optioned during the season? Aren’t some of our players (Woodford) getting close? Anyone keeping track of this?

1982 willie
    Participant

Apparently it’s fine times. Not sure how many times Woodford has been optioned so far

1982 willie
    Participant

If my math is correct he has been optioned 4 times so only one more left.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

One of the four ups-downs was as the extra man for a double-header, so I don’t think it counts.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Based on on a convo I had with Jon Jones, a beat writer from the Belleville newspaper, the only options that don’t count are options before May 2 and options for players who were called up for doubleheader games.

Packy, Liberatore and Woodford all have 2 options left for the season.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If an optioned out player is temporarily recalled due to an injury on the MLB active roster, the waiting period doesn’t apply, but does it count against his option outs for the year when the injured player returns and he goes back down? He would be back in AAA but now with two in year options burned rather than one?

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

If an optioned player is recalled for an injury the waiting period doesn’t count according to the convo I had with Jeff Jones (not Jon as I said earlier) and even with Derrick Goold. So, yes said player would have used two options and would only have 3 left for the season.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.