Piscotty to Oakland trade

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Piscotty to Oakland trade

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kind of a bittersweet move, Piscotty goes home and he’ll be missed. I think SP can still play and Billy Bean must think so also.

Munoz was slipped into MLB’s #10 spot on their top-30 Cardinal prospect list, Schrock placed at #12.

Two good players… I thought the Card’s would go for a younger guy with a ETA of 2020/21. There’s some spaces open at the Low-A level and the Hi-Rookie levels.

With the Alcantara-Gallen-Sierra gone, Hurst#27-Robertson#29 and Woodman #30 were added.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Full press release and scouting report here on Munoz and Schrock: https://thecardinalnation.com/cardinals-trade-piscotty-to-as-for-munoz-and-schrock/

Participant

Free

After reading just a little about Schrock, I wonder if he could be a candidate to be our starter at 2nd either later this year or even next year. If so, that allows a little more flexibility to maybe include Wong in a trade to upgrade somewhere. He sounds like a contact hitter with limited but solid defense.

I don’t think we need all-stars at every position and I really like the reports on his bat.

Participant

Free

The people who follow our farm pretty closely might say very similar things about seferina.

Who is better? Honestly it doesn’t matter. seferina is a year older so schrock probably wins, but well… Your point about us now having having MI depth is the point that was made earlier to day in the OF thread and is very valid. I could do the numbers but i think we have 8-10 viable major leaguers at AA or higher at short or 2b or both … and that’s without diaz.

it’s an absurd number to go along with our outfield numbers as well. And it’s why i’m sitting here saying “we aren’t done” even if we trade grichuk. We simply have too many players blocked or ready. yeah, it’s all well and good to try and keep a few of them but trying to keep all of them is flat dumb…. and this offseason it just feels like they don’t want to do that.

Participant

Free

Noticed that Brian misspelled Schrock’s name in the title of the article on the main page…that being said I hope this isn’t our final trade of the offseason…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, that is embarrassing. Thanks for the heads up. I was so focused on getting the tilde for Muñoz that I whiffed on Schrock – but only once, in the most visible place. Even the editor needs an editor at times. My brother in law works at a company called Streck. I think what I typed was a bizarre combination of the two…

Participant

Paid - Annual

looks like Cards picked up 2 potential solid players.At worse 2 bench bats late this 2018 season or 2019.Good deal for everyone.

Participant

Free

It’s fine Brian, I probably wouldn’t have noticed it had the other article about Schrock not been on the front page right next to it so it’s all good…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years