Ozuna shuffle steps

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Ozuna shuffle steps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wildwill11
    Participant

Free

I am very surprised that I have not seen anything about Cardinal management reprimanding Ozuna for his mocking studded steps of Acuna from game 2 on his second home run yesterday. It was very un-Cardinal like. Atlanta had a strong talking to MR Acuna about it according to Atlanta papers. I would expect no less from our front office. All their talk about the Cardinal Way. This cannot be what they expect?

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didnt notice his shuffle steps TBH, but i would understand if it happened

There is obviously a big beef going on with Acuna and the Cardinals… Yadi threw his bat to CF yesterday moving the celebration towards Acuna…. and then he multiple times did the throat slashing motion that A cuna had done the day before after the last out…CMart also after getting his save in the first game was also chirping at the ATL bench

I am not sure where it comes from initially but it seems the Cardinals are very pissed at the BRaves and perhaps vice versa…

It’s odd…i am kind of sick of Acuna talking trash and acting like he is bigger than the game…he is still so young and has a ton to prove…the way he swaggers around is pretty disrespectful…he already has shown his disrespect with not running out dlyballs and assuming HRs in this series alone

Albie however I find to be a nice combination of youthful excitement with intensity…when he was mic’d up he was pretty fun to listen to how he goes about the game with the players and umps. When he hit that huge 3run HR the other day he was excited and happy…but i didnt feel he was disrespecting the other team…whereas with Acuna I feel like he is trying to find any excuse to show off or showboat

I am progressive on a lot of topics in baseball, but i am fascinated with the little bits that i am not in favor of that comes with the new age of baseball….

Making baseball “more exciting” is a fool’s errand but finding a way to make it more attractive to young athletes of all walks of life is the the only way it will ever become “more entertaining” to the crowds the organizations want to pull in more and more IMO…

Acuna may bring swagger and “hot takes” but the ALbies’ are the ones that I’d rather see ….even if my bias is clear and based off of limited experience with both of them

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Braves aren’t all that happy with Acuna either. Watching a long flyball and then loafing to 1st base seems to be the main reason why.

I agree with what you say about Albies.

skippy mckill
    Participant

Free

I’d rather win the series and have people cry about Yadi and Ozuna than lose because nobody on the team has a pulse and they let the other team walk all over them. If this gets in the Braves heads and they aren’t focused on game 5 then good job.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Marcell Ozuna always does some shuffle steps before crossing the bases. Is that what you are taking about?

I didn’t see anything unusual, but I didn’t see the whole trot

wildwill11
    Participant

Free

I was at the game so I am not sure what was shown on TV, but Ozuna on his 2nd home run yesterday mocked Acuna’s shuffle steps prior to stepping on both 2nd base and 3rd base as he ran around the base paths. I get what everyone is saying about the Cardinals being pissed about Acuna’s antics. I did not see the throat slashing sign to Martinez as mentioned, but to me lowering ourselves to Acuna’s standards is not the answer. Also the few boo birds when Martinez took the mound yesterday is also pretty disappointing. I have always been proud that in St. Louis we normally only boo those things that are within the players control, like not hustling. No one feels worse about giving up the lead than Carlos. Booing him will not help him perform better. Get a clue.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Wildwill, CMart being sober or even half sober would help him perform better.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I never ever understood how Sammy Sosa kept from being plunked all the time with that little hop skip and a step he did when he hit a homerun. Talk about showing the pitcher and other team up. I guarantee you if me or Pugs would have been on the hill the next time he came up he would have gotten one right in the ribs.

r/Esteemed Rat

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

You think Pugs has enough accuracy and control to hit someone in the ribs?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Did not see it, but it is all in the gamesmanship that goes on. Personally I do not care for that stuff. Just play your game, and that will speak louder than any tricky stuff.

And definitely do not do what another guy does. That tells me you do not have enough confidence in yourself, so you have to try to put down the other guy to make yourself okay.

But again, that stuff does go on. It was worse in the old days, although back then it was mostly verbal abuse and not gestures or actions so much.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

You think Pugs has enough accuracy and control to hit someone in the ribs?

Well you see, there’s the problem. Pugs definitely has the high heat flaming out of that right wing of his, but that flask under his cap also has some serious heat (otherwise known as Wild Turkey). It’s not the ribs I would worry about. You would just hope the women and children are looking the other way.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ozuna has often done the zig-zag steps near 3B on his home run trots during the season. My son and I were at the game Monday and we noticed he also did it at 2B. I saw the TV replay of one of his home runs and the camera didn’t show him doing the move at 2B, at least not on the replay I saw.

We were guessing he did it at 2B just to give Acuna a really good view. Maybe he does it at 2B routinely also, but I have never noticed that before.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Also the few boo birds when Martinez took the mound yesterday is also pretty disappointing.

wildbill, I guess you also noticed the sarcastic applause for Carp when he fielded the grounder that was foul. This occurred because of his his previous error on Duvall’s grounder and the foul pop that fell between him and Yadi. I’m not a huge supporter of Carp these days and think he is best suited for the bench, but the sarcastic applause was not just an isolated few. It was very noticeable and made me cringe a bit. Not sure how it came across on TV.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

I wonder if the post-season success won’t be a factor in Ozuna’s decisions on whether to leave via free agency, or an opportunity to grow with a team where, for the first time, he has won something?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think he knows he’ll be wearing a different uni in 2020, RememberDiz. I doubt he’s even thinking much about that right now…..only about playing with his present teammates as long as possible this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.