NL Playoff Teams

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum NL Playoff Teams

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Records since all-star break

Dodgers 46-24
    Cardinals 47-27
    Nationals 46-27
    Braves 43-28
    Brewers 42-29

So our post all-star record was among the best. Still, while I think we have the pitching to compete, I don’t think we have the hitting to win it all. Hope I am wrong.

However, looking at post all-star records we certainly have a chance. No one had the schedule we had the last half of the month of September.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

It is all about getting hot at the right time.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

As they say , , , , it’s not who you play, it’s when you play them.

If either Goldy or Ozuna gets hot, plus one or maybe two others, that might be enough to carry the team if the pitching remains solid.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Remember when Carlos Beltran nearly singlehandedly beat the MV3? Yeah…

I agree that having a player or two go crazy at the right time can make a huge difference. This team’s strength in the second half has been that various guys have taken turns playing well, but rarely more than one or two at a time. The Cards may very well be the second best team in the NL *if* they play smart, fundamental baseball. I could see anything from a World Series berth to a NLDS sweep loss for this team. Hopefully much closer to the former than the ladder! It’s good to have October baseball to look forward to, though.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

On the negative side, the Cardinals have the second worst record of the 10 post season teams. On the plus side, as was pointed out they are a better team today than they were during much of the time spent compiling that record.

I think they can get past Atlanta, especially if they get the first one. You would then have the potential of throwing Flaherty twice in four games and being up a game at that.

May not happen, and regardless I think LA and Houston are your World Series teams. But there is a reason they play the games.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.