New Management Structure

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum New Management Structure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like the deals for Piscotty and Grichek. Also have some hope for the Valera/Lucas transactions. Far cry from the deals formerly made for players who no longer fit what the Cardinals were looking for. Most of them were for minor league players very low in the system and no real performance track.

Wonder if Giersch deserves credit for these deals. Maybe giving Mo a higher level support also has something to do with it. Or maybe Giersch is just good at his job.

I suspect the Cardinals have already decided who is going off the 40 man (probably Voit) and are out searching a deal from a club who feels that he will not reach them on waivers. I hate to see Voit go because he is a great story and has hammered his way up the organization. But I don’t see how he could fit the organization which already has too many first base types.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Why are we talking about letting someone go right now? The FO has 60-days to figure this situation out. Often times these things work themselves out without needing to lose anyone.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Voit or Tui would be my guess unless Norris craps the bed. People are gushing over him now.

I think it will be a wake up call to some who are on the current 25 man and a couple guys on the 40 man.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know if the decision making process has changed much to this point but it probably will in the future. Mo has acknowledged that he hasn’t given up much day to day control yet but that he needs to. I look forward to that because I get the sense that Girsch is more aggressive although I’m sure any big moves would still need to get the blessing from upstairs.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Avatar gscottar.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years