Molina to injured list

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Molina to injured list

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ali Sanchez promoted from the alternate site.

Molina called Shildt today and said he was having trouble moving around. Did not recover well from playing last night. Came in and after meeting with medical team, they decided to put him on the IL. Multiple imagings from before showed it is more rest and comfort than a structural problem. Stopping baseball activities. Shildt would not speculate about whether Molina will be out 10 days or more.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully just ten days, he has been our best clutch hitter so far.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Hopefully Yadi back soon. But a good opportunity to see more of Knizner and evaluate.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I don’t like seeing Molina hurt but I am hoping we get a read on how Knizner will be as a “full time” catcher. To me, this year is more about learning about our young players. Next year is the year we become a powerhouse again.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This one is a big loss. Knizner hopefully will take the baton and run with it, but I think he’s a backup quality catcher. Hopefully Yadi will return before long, as he’s been a really good hitter for us this year.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I look at Knizner as Kelly Stinnett 2.0. Which I would be just fine with.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hoping the kids perform well obviously. But, unless you’re dealing with a catching phenom, this position requires baseball maturity to keep the ship afloat with a team such as what St. Louis has assembled this year. If Yadi’s return date becomes cloudy, I see them definitely bringing in a veteran.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am higher on Knizner than most on this board. I think he has played well so far this year and I think he will continue to do so. I am glad to see him get some regular playing time the next couple of weeks.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Based on Mike Shildt’s comments today, I expect Molina to return as soon as this weekend.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like knizner long term but right now yadi is still far better.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It will be interesting to see if Yadi can recapture his early-season offensive success.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years