MLB TV

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Is it just me but do they ignore the Cardinals more than any successful team? It seems like most of their time is spent talking about 5 teams: Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Cubs and Dodgers. It annoys me and makes me not want to watch it.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

You mean mlb network? I always thought mlb tv was pretty unbiased based on you choose which team you watch.

We hear the same old Rodney Dangerfield routine whenever the Cardinals are good. We have a place in the upper tier but MLB Network needs to feed the pig and get it’s bigger markets to tune in. I always thought the overall coverage of MLB Network was excellent. Sure beats hearing some of our jabroni’s.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Yes, I mean MLB Network. They have some excellent people on there but dwell on the big markets to a fault.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

I enjoy MLB Network for the most part. You certainly won’t get much good baseball-wise from espn. They do focus a lot on the big markets and I’d also throw Houston into that mix of who they often tout. It’s hard to argue it since those teams have had a habit of playing baseball in October in recent years.

The other part is they’ll also give a lot of attention to some of the elite players, regardless of the team. Trout is an obvious one. When it comes to big star players, the Cards are pretty vanilla as evidenced by the minimal representation at the ASG this year. Make some big noise this October and carry it into next year, then I think the Cards will be more in the airtime mix.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

MLB.com has been accused by some as focusing on the big market clubs. It’s natural to do that since that is the biggest fan base.

The Cardinals are playing very well, but quite frankly there are probably five or six teams better than us right now – Yankees, Astros, Twins, Dodgers, and possibly the Nats. Then you have Atlanta, Oakland and Cleveland all with stellar records.

For 2019, it looks like LA’s year. They are far and away the best team in the league, and possibly in the majors. Still you never know, but it is hard to see anyone getting by them in post season.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I listen to MLB radio a lot while driving. 99% of those guys still think it is a foregone conclusion that the Cubs will win the division. The Cardinals are rarely mentioned.

That is what happens when you miss the dance a few years in a row.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

The point is the Cardinals are one of the hottest teams in baseball and they are way undermentioned.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years