Minor league thread – Tue Jul 4

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Tue Jul 4

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 14NyquisT 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Round Rock: Jack Flaherty
    Springfield at Frisco: Austin Gomber
    Palm Beach vs. Bradenton: TBA
    Peoria vs. Beloit: Juan Perez
    State College at Williamsport (day): Anthony Shew
    Johnson City at Greeneville: Franyel Casadilla
    GCL Cards at Nats: Angel Rondon
    DSL Cards at Angels: Enmanuel Solano

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty pulled in the 4th inning in their game with Round Rock. Score tied 1-1. Don’t know why.

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty on 65 pitch count tonight. Pulled with 2 out no one on in 4th. Skipped his last start and opponent announcers were saying low pitch count tonight was because of his upcoming appearance in futures game. Which does not make sense because next Sunday would be his normal 5 th day and figure he will only get 1 inning anyway. Suppose just trying to save the arm some here mid season. It appears to have helped both Hicks and Alcantara to get some extended time off around their all star break. Both pitched well coming off extended rest.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Memphis got 7 hits in a row in their win over Round Rock. Adolis Garcia was on base 5 times with 4 hits. Bader a home run.

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Does anyone feel that Bader is ready? Now hitting .305 with 15 home runs in only 298 at bats.
    Trade including Grichuk in the next few weeks?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I suspect that Grichuk is in his last run as a potential starter in the OF now. I could easily see them making him the 4th OF or trading him to an OF-starved team (Royals?) this offseason.

As for Bader, he’s got a similar profile to Grichuk but the contact skills look a little better. I would be cool with giving him a shot before long, although with the return of Fowler and Pham’s play, I’m not sure where you put him (Piscotty hasn’t looked that good but I think he’ll perk up).

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Piscotty probably needs to turn it around too with Bader nipping at his and Grichuk’s heels. Martini may be a dark horse too for at least a #4 or #5 outfield job.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Not to mention Sierra and Mercado looking good at Springfield and Garcia acclimating well in Memphis. Perhaps not this year but by next All Star break there could be quite the backlog of ML ready OFers.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sierra is ready, Bader is very close to ready, Mercado still DLed(needs to be watched), JAGarcis and Arozarena are at least one year away. The guy to keep an eye on is 18 year old Dylan Carlson, who the organization challenged with a position at Peoria. He started slow but is now showing some good positive numbers and patience at the plate. I give him possibly ’20 as ETA in St.Louis.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years