Minor league thread – Tue 5/15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Tue 5/15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. Nashville (AM): Austin Gomber
    Springfield at Tulsa: Chris Ellis
    Palm Beach at Clearwater (2): Austin Warner/Jesus Cruz
    Peoria vs. Clinton (AM): Evan Guillory

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ellis has done better this year as a starter but has been even better in relief. I’d really like to see him back in the pen.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That could happen when Sam Tewes is deemed ready to rejoin the team.

PadsFS
    Participant

With Gant and Flaherty both in the majors, is Memphis down to just three starters?

Also, is Brebbia on the Memphis roster? I’m starting to lose track. I really wish they would put Bowman down at Memphis for a spell and leave Mayers and Brebbia in the STL bullpen, at least until Lyons or Leone are ready.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis is using Herget in the rotation and spot starting Gilmartin when needed. Because they have a day off tomorrow, they can go with the four this time through the rotation. Gomber is slated to start again on Sunday.

Yes, Brebbia is in Memphis and another reliever should be joining him today when Flaherty’s promotion is official.

The fastest way to check is to click on the team rosters, always available from the red left menu bar. The Roster Matrix shows all the rosters visually, and breaks out the pitchers currently between the rotations and bullpens. It is at the top of the same menu group, called “ROSTERS/PLAYERS/MOVES”.

Sorry if the commercial offends anyone, as that is not my intention. I spend a lot of time maintaining the player info and it is free for everyone! Using it would make me happy. Thanks. 🙂

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Herget is actually interesting. Occasionally he will throw a fantastic game so he has some talent. If he could evrr find some consistency I think someone would give him a chance.

PadsFS
    Participant

I was using the roster matrix (excellent info of course), but the team is in limbo with Wainwright not going on the DL officially. I also thought he went up and Gant went down, but I was mistaken.

With Flaherty coming up, I assumed Waino would go down.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Gomber was terrible today and our friend Arty Reyes continues to struggle. Every player in the lineup struck out once (Mejia twice). Not a good game. Wisdom 3-4 SB CS. His first steal of the season.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

If we ever get all of our relievers healthy, I think Ar Reyes’ time in the organization is at risk.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Austin Warner with a really good game today. 6.1 IP with 6 K’s and only 1 ER.

Its good to see his command and lowering his ERA after his disastrous from earlier in the season. Seems like he’s finally rounding into form.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

J.B. Woodman has gone yard as our Palm Beach affiliate is muddying up Clearwater’s aspirations for victory this evening. It’s 8-3 Good Guys in the bottom of the 3rd in beautiful Clearwater. And we’d be terribly remiss in not mentioning Peoria’s 13-1 shellacking of Dayton earlier today. Evan Guillory continues to impress on the mound and Denny Ortega launched a towering 2-run blow in the 5th to throw in his 2 cents for the drubbing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pardon me. Make that Clinton, not Dayton……simple typo.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Palm Beach’s pitching staff blew an 8-0 lead, including giving up 5 runs in the bottom of the 7th to lose the 2nd game of their doubleheader. 10-11 final score.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Well MiLB is now saying Jenner was released tonight. Just a weird situation all the way around.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.