Minor league thread – Thu 8/2

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Thu 8/2

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. Sacramento: Jake Woodford
    Springfield at NW Arkansas: Matt Pearce
    Palm Beach vs. Daytona: Ian Oxnevad
    Peoria vs. Cedar Rapids: Jake Dahlberg
    State College vs. Auburn (2): Michael Baird/Edgar Gonzalez
    Johnson City vs. Elizabethton (2): Tommy Parsons/Cole Aker
    GCL Cards vs Astros
    DSL Blue vs. Mets1
    DSL Red at Tigers1

bccran
    Participant

Gorman 2 out of 4 in the first game with a double and another HR. Now hitting .331.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong 0-3 thru 7 frames in Peoria this evening, as our Chiefs are presently getting the better of an extremely strong Kernels squad out of Cedar Rapids. Jake Dahlberg spinning a nice game thus far having yielded just one earned run on 6 hits, while fanning 7 and walking just one lone Kernel. Wood Myers of the Chiefs is the only player from either side with more than one hit in his hip pocket, as he’s 2-4 with a ringing double and 2 rbi. 3-2 Chiefs as we mossy along to inning #8.

bccran
    Participant

Woodford at Memphis – 6 innings, 3 hits, no runs, 6 Ks, 1 W. Here comes another one!

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t you love it, cranny?!

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I will admit that I am pleasantly surprised by Woodford’s success. I thought he would struggle mightily in AAA. Any time a player finishes the year in AAA and still doesn’t need to be placed on the 40 man roster (Woodford’s case) then you know you have a fast mover.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

What will the Cards do with Thomas Layne if he continues his dominance. 19IP 0ER 27K 1BB. It was one thing not to add Montgomery at the end of last year. A RH reliever who had an outstanding season. But Layne is LH (and we have a shortage) and has been dominant. He was bad last year fir the Yankees but his overall manor league stats are pretty good. But no options is problematic and he would be arb eligible if added to the roster.

bccran
    Participant

Now that Woodford is pitching well at AAA, does anyone know when Helsley is due back? Or has he been shut down for the season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good thing some GM didn’t “swindle,” as pugs puts it, Fagalde out of Mo at the deadline. He just keeps rolling along.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CC- also have wondered about the Layne situation.He has done well at Memphis other than a hiccup the other night.Webb has looked okay in his game at STLOUIS and Shreve did okay .With Sherriff down till next season and Gomber possibly being a SP and Cecil being awful this season I hope Layne gets a shot but roster crunch is working against him.i do hope he will stay in the organization this offseason and gets a chance to stick.Lefty arms are valuable to have around.Nobody in the system is dazzling as LH reliever that I recall so keeping him would be fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years