Minor league thread – Thu 8/1

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Thu 8/1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. Albuquerque, Austin Warner (1-1, 7.00) 7:05 CT.
    Springfield at Arkansas, Angel Rondon (4-3, 2.99) 7:10 CT.
    Palm Beach at St. Lucie, pitcher TBA, 5:30 CT.
    Peoria vs. Kane County, Parker Kelly (2-1, 1.25), 6:35 CT.
    State College vs. Vermont, Andre Pallante (1-0, 1.80), 11:00 a.m. CT.
    Johnson City at Princeton, Francisco Justo (2-2, 3.86) 5:30 CT.
    GCL Cards vs. GCL Astros, pitcher TBA, 11:00 a.m. CT.
    DSL Red at DSL Cubs2, pitcher TBA, 9:30 a.m. CT.
    DSL Blue vs. DSL Twins, pitcher TBA, 9:30 a.m. CT.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

1.Arozarena
    2.Bader
    3.Carpenter
    4.Ozuna

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Ozuna has a hit and an RBI driving in Arozarena

forsch31
    Participant

Free

There is a minor league thread to put this in.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Because of the uniqueness, I will give it its own thread. Carpenter just doubled home Bader who had singled.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Ozuna just had his second hit driving in Carpenter.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

And I will merge this into the minor league thread for today. Please use existing topics when as obvious as this and start new threads on new topics only. Thank you.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tough top of the lineup for Memphis there. Hopefully the Memphis bats can roll tonight. I see all three of the MLB guys have hits already.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Carp, Bader and Ozuna are 4 for 7 with 2 BBs and 0 Ks after three turns through the order.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Big inning for Memphis…Arozarena and Bader walk & Carpenter singles two in and then Ozuna hits 3 run HR. He has 5 RBI tonight.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Jiminez came over from the GCL team and started the Palm Beach game. His current age? 17!!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna merely acting like a true professional. Where else other than minor league baseball does one willingly go to work to do everything in their power to prove to everyone that they do not belong there? Marcell does not belong there…..but we already knew that. Bader is pulling out all the stops in a valiant attempt to prove that he doesn’t belong there. Carp is in trouble, as right now he appears to be a fit somewhere in the farm system. We just don’t know where yet.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“Jimenez came over from the GCL team and started the Palm Beach game. His current age? 17!!!!”

Yeah, I couldn’t help noticing that too, CC. Held his own for four innings on top of it.

While I’m sure the Palm Beach outing is purely a stopgap/convenience thing (not unlike 18-year-old backstop Ivan Herrera’s very, very, very brief Springfield stint last year), I wonder now if they’ll start Jimenez in Peoria next year. I was planning on seeing him there in 2021 when he’d still be a teenager, but maybe the timetable will be more aggressive. We’ll see.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jiminez came over from the GCL team and started the Palm Beach game. His current age? 17!!!!

Like Bob, I noticed that first thing when I checked the PB score last night. There’s something about this kid. He could be a good one.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.