Minor league thread – Thu 4/19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Thu 4/19

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Omaha (2): Jack Flaherty/Daniel Poncedeleon
    Springfield at Arkansas: Conner Greene
    Palm Beach at Bradenton: Mike O’Reilly
    Peoria at Quad Cities: Jake Walsh

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

John Brebbia got a five out save with 4 strikeouts. I know there’s no room for him in the St. Louis bullpen. But this player deserves to be pitching at the major league level based on what he did last year, during spring training this year, and what he’s doing in Memphis now. Its like the Cardinals are doing the same thing to Brebbia that the Royals did to Jose Martinez.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not really the same as Martinez, as he was never given a day in the majors by KC. And they gave up on him, moving him out for cash.

No reason to think the Cards don’t like Brebbia. He lost out first due to Hicks’ emergence, then due to the sheer numbers of veterans who cannot be optioned out like he can. He has to hope for injuries in the line ahead, not to mention the fact they still have to make room for both Cecil and Reyes before too long.

It can be a fine line at times between having depth and blocking guys. I’d go with the depth, personally, even if it appears unfair to some players in the short term.

In the long term, I bet Martinez would be pleased with how things worked out for him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.