Minor league thread – Sun Jul 23

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Sun Jul 23

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by stlcard25 stlcard25 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. Las Vegas: Kevin Herget
    Springfield at Arkansas: Sandy Alcantara
    Palm Beach vs. Charlotte: Jordan Hicks
    Peoria at Bowling Green: Ian Oxnevad
    State College vs. Mahoning Valley: Paul Balestrieri
    Johnson City vs. Danville: Alvaro Seijas
    GCL Cards at Mets
    DSL Cards off

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Hicks with 5 innings of 1 hit ball and 6 strikeouts today for Palm Beach. Nice start for him. I

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In addition on Hicks only 51 pitches 6 ground outs no walks. Has to be his most efficient use of pitches this year.

blingboy
    Participant

Free

I was in Memphis saturday and thought Matt Pearce was impressive on the mound. Didn’t know Lino was moved up so was surprised to see him behind the plate. I’d seen him in Springfield earlier. Diaz was not impressive in the field or at the plate. Right off the bat in the first he booted a hot bounder up the middle that hit him square in the glove. Ball off his bat had no carry. He didn’t seem to be playing with the energy and attitude I would have expected. Maybe the heat had something to do with it, but other guys seemed more energetic. I guess I had assumed Sam Tui would be the 9th inning guy but not so. He came in earlier.
    Patrick Wisdom was the 1B coach, looking right into the evening 98 degree sun. Must be in the dog house. The most popular pre-game autograph was Stubby.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    blingboy
    Participant

Free

No fair Brian. Wifi at the Peabody stinks and I only had a tablet that also stinks. And no, I don’t use an Iphone because it took over my life. But good job being on top of it, as always.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My advice: Look into mobile hotspot on your phone. A life-saver for me on multiple occasions when internet service was bad/non-existent.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Alcantara is 4-1 with a 2.60 ERA in June and July. Hicks’ entire season has been pretty impressive.

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

You have to think at least 2-3 of these kids are in the bullpen next year… Don’t you?

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a really cool picture of Alcantara.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks. Once in a while the blind photographer squirrel finds an acorn!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I’m not sure, but if this year’s debacle continues, I suspect we would see them trying out guys to stabilize the pen.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years