Minor league thread – Sun 6/3

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Sun 6/3

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at New Orleans: Kevin Herget
    Springfield vs. San Antonio: Matt Pearce
    Palm Beach “at” Jupiter
    Peoria at Clinton: Alex Fagalde
    DSL Cards Red and Blue off

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Remember this name…..Alexander Glenn Fagalde. The Birds 30th round draft pick from a year ago tossed 7 2/3 innings of 1run 2 hit ball, while striking out 10 and issuing just one free pass. His only significant blemish a towering Billy Cooke 3rd inning solo shot into the left field rafters. Fagalde is a born winner. Never in his life, in any league, has his era elevated itself to 3.00. Watch him rise through the system….and do so swiftly. Oh and by the way, the Chiefs pelted Clinton’s feisty LumberKing squad 7-1, with both Matt Fiedler and J. R. Davis notching their first dingers on the season. Like father like son…..both Peoria and their parent club now find themselves with identical 32-25 records.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Pugs… I like your optimism regarding Fagalde. He is 16 days into his full-season pro career coming up from EST on 5-18. He has been good so far and is in the right place and time to get more starts. The Chiefs were in dire need at the end of May for some starters and Fagalde got his chance and is running with it.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

TheLonelyBull
    Participant

Free

Pugsley,

It was Fiedler’s second HR this year as he hit one in his brief stint with Palm Beach. Good to see you posting again!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed, a select few of these youngsters have “WINNER” tattood all over them, Nyquist…..and not all of them upper echelon draftees. Alex Fagalde is one of these players.

Shoot! Looks like I did indeed shortchange Matt Fiedler out of a dinger. Not to worry though as this fellow may end up whacking so many that it will become very easy to miscount his homers. I don’t know why, but every time I see his name I get visions of Prince Fielder going yard. Maybe not a bad nickname……Prince Fiedler anyone? And speaking of great names….”TheLonelyBull”……classic name….truly priceless!!

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Not to rain on the Fagalde parade but he is about 3 years older than league average

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Speaking of great names, Pugs, do you remember when we had Wes Swackhamer playing at Quad Cities? That name rang of the Majors. Alas, he couldn’t swack enough to ascend.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That must have been pre-2006 when I wasn’t following our farm system very closely. What a fantastic baseball name though, UCONN!!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Although there is virtually nothing left of the original, the ballpark there in Clinton is one of the dwindling number of WPA ballpark sites still in use by an affiliated team. I have been there many times and can attest there have never been any rafters in left field. 🙂

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A hardy hello to you too, Blingster! Bling would fit right in with our GTG……that’s Game Thread Gang to the layman. So hopefully Bling will start hanging out there now and then. As far as Fagalde’s age (24), it really is not that big a deal in his case. He should be in Palm Beach fairly soon and in Springfield at the start of 2019. My fear is that he’ll end up being a minor piece of a fairly major trade next month. Keep Fagalde!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.