Minor league thread – Sat 4/7

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Sat 4/7

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Round Rock: Austin Gomber
    Springfield at Midland: Conner Greene
    Palm Beach vs. Jupiter: Mike O’Reilly
    Peoria vs. Burlington: Johan Oviedo

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I didn’t see this posted anywhere. Gregerson was sent to Palm Beach to begin rehabbing today.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It was noted in the Gregerson thread, but no reason to not mention it here, too.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Hope it is warmer in Round Rock and Midland than it currently is in the DFW. About 50 degrees colder. Dang it’s cold down here today.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Is Holland for sure getting called on Monday? He didn’t look near as sharpe today.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So just looking at the box score for Peoria and I’m not sure if OViedo was getting squeezed but WOW!!! 1/3 IP and 5 walks?! Geezus! Burlington puts up a 7 spot in the first inning alone and leads 7-0 in the bottom 2nd.

Oviedo’s replacement, Kevin Hamman, wasn’t much better. In the first but settled down in the 2nd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thru 7 complete at Dozer and the Chiefs find themselves on the short end of a 9-1 ballgame. Nick Plummer’s ringing double accounted for the lone Peoria tally. Johan Oviedo started for Peoria and had a rough go if it….to say the least. Johan labored thru 1/3 of an inning, yielding 5 runs and 5 walks. Johan tossed 32 pitches with only 12 of them finding the strike zone. I look forward to Johan’s next start as he’s almost a guaranteed lock to show vast improvement.

mbusapp
    Participant

Free

Memphis Redbirds have out scored Round Rock 36 to 14 after 3 games. ONeil hit his 3rd HR in the last two days and the outfielders never moved. Garcia looks awesome. Two doubles tonight. Now 7 for 14 on the season. If Wong does not start hitting, Schrock looks good.

I will be back tomorrow to see Flaherty.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Looking forward to your report, mbusapp.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PadsFS
    Participant

I’d like to see Kelly hit toward the top of the lineup. The whole point of him being at AAA is to get at-bats.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The other side of the coin is that Kelly is likely to have all season to get his at-bats. There certainly appears to be no hurry. Molina may catch all 162 games! 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.