Minor league thread – Mon 8/26

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Mon 8/26

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at New Orleans, 6:30 pm CT, Jake Woodford (8-7, 4.03)
    Springfield vs. Frisco, 6:30 pm CT, Evan Kruczynski (3-8, 5.64)
    Palm Beach at Bradenton, 6:30 pm ET/5:30 pm CT, Edgar Gonzalez (6-14, 4.94)
    Peoria at Cedar Rapids, 6:35 pm CT, Michael Brettell (5-9, 5.19)
    State College vs. West Virginia, 7:05 pm ET/6:05 pm CT, Andre Pallante (1-0, 2.48)
    Johnson City at Kingsport, 6:30 pm ET/5:30 pm CT, TBA
    GCL Cards at Astros, 12:00 pm ET/11:00 am CT, TBA

Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford may not have flashy stats, but he’s been quietly solid in Memphis this year. He’s 3rd in the PCL in ERA, 3rd in WHIP, T2 in innings pitched, and 3rd in strikeouts. He might be able to sneak into the conversation as a starter in St Louis at some point next year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford may not have flashy stats, but he’s been quietly solid in Memphis this year. He’s 3rd in the PCL in ERA, 3rd in WHIP, T2 in innings pitched, and 3rd in strikeouts. He might be able to sneak into the conversation as a starter in St Louis at some point next year.

Absolutely. I envision Woodford as a Lance Lynn type. A true workhorse.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

I have never trusted Woodford because his peripherals have always been weak. Anything from him is a gift in my mind.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Peripherals aren’t everything. Woodford reminds me a lot of Brad Keller with the Royals, especially as he’s made the transformation from sinkerballer to exclusively using four-seams.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Monday’s series opener between the Memphis Redbirds and New Orleans Baby Cakes has been postponed due to wet field conditions in New Orleans, La. The teams will play a doubleheader tomorrow, with the first of two seven-inning games scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder how nervous Iowa is getting? The Redbirds have cut the lead down and they finish with 4 games against them.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Iowa’s magic number is just four. They open a four-game set at last-place OKC tonight. If they can sweep, the final series won’t matter no matter what Memphis does in NO. That is worst case.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree. It’s a long shot for sure. If Memphis had started playing better even a couple of weeks before this late hit streak, they would have a lot of teams in the PCL scared for the playoffs.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Agreed.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years