Minor league thread – Mon 6/17

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Mon 6/17

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis vs. Las Vegas, 6:35 pm CT, Evan Kruczynski (1-1, 6.21)
    Springfield at Midland, 6:30 pm CT, TBA (my guess is Alex Fagalde)
    Palm Beach vs. Jupiter, 6:30 pm ET, TBA
    Peoria off – All-Star break
    State College at Auburn (2), 11:00 am ET, Enmanuel Solano (league debut)/Hector Soto (US debut)
    DSL Blue vs. Mets1, 10:30 am ET, Reinys Portillo (0-1, 2.00)
    DSL Red at Rangers2, 10:30 am ET, TBA

14NyquisT
    Participant

State College Spikes:

Resuming the game in the top of the second with the bases loaded, two more runners scored on walks. SC put up a snowman and their line score is 8–3–1 after 1 1/2 innings and lead it 8-5. Auburn line score is 5–3–4.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Auburn got 2 runs off Solano in the 2nd… 8-7 after 2inn.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Missouri lad, Andrew “Stretch” Warner, with a dinger and 5 rbi in the early going for State College. “Stretch” bears a resemblance to a young Keith Hernandez. Quite the pitching duel the Spikes and Doubledays are having this morning as the ever changing score now sits at 11-8 Good Guys in the 3rd frame….but wait about another 20 seconds and I can almost guarantee you that the score will change. My little 3 year old granddaughter can now count to 30 in both English and Espanol…..but not even she may not be able to keep up on the score on this one.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

22-18 Spikes over the Doubledays as they now venture to the bottom of the 5th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just joshing. Actually, order has been totally restored as the score is still 11-9 Spikes as they head to the 7th in a thriller.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Imeldo Diaz and his .222 OPS just succumbed to southpaw Alphonso Hernandez’ sneaky fastball to retire the Spikes in the top half of inning #7. Still 11-9 Good Guys in what promises to be a doozy of a finish.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Stretch” Warner and his scintillating 1.444 OPS was just called out looking on a pitch that even C.B. Buckner would have had a difficult time calling a ball. Still 11-9 going to the bottom of the 8th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Crafty southpaw, Hector Villalobos, makes quick work of the Doubledays ….heading to the inning of reckoning.

UncleDenny
    Participant

Regarding roster placements I have to wonder if LaRoque has lost his mind.🤣

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs must be beaming right now…Alexander the Great’s Springfield debut: 8IP, 2H, 0R, 1BB, 4K. He threw only 80 pitches before ceding to Junior Fernandez who slammed the door shut in the 9th.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Andrew Warner went deep in both games of the State College doubleheader as they got the sweep. He has a case for Player of the Day but for my money, you’ve got to go with Fagalde’s debut.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s just go ahead and bring Fagalde up to Busch and take Wacha’s spot in the rotation. I’m only half joking.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.