Minor league thread – Fri Jul 7

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Fri Jul 7

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Nashville: Zac Gallen
    Springfield vs. Midland: Sandy Alcantara
    Palm Beach at Fort Myers: Derian Gonzalez
    Peoria at Cedar Rapids: Frederis Parra
    State College vs. Auburn: Daniel Castano
    Johnson City at Elizabethton: Johan Oviedo
    GCL Cards off
    DSL Cards at Nats: Francisco Ventura

Participant

Free

Just about every day there is some intriguing pitchers going. Today its Gallen, Alcantara, and Oviedo.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Listening to JC radio link, opponent broadcast says the same thing we have been hearing to date. Says information from JC play by play guy is Oviedo velocity has been setting 90-93 mph. Coming in less than advertised. To his credit he seems to be effective and sounds like he is using his curveball effectively.

Participant

Free

There doesn’t seem to be a way to start a new thread, so I’ll add to this one.

I was at the Redbirds-Sounds game a few hours ago and Diaz is struggling bigtime. Went 0-5 I think.

He’s hitting well below .200 against AAA pitching at this point.

Participant

Lynn and Oh for a proven major league SS? Throw in an attractive pitching prospect or two if necessary?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bhoyal, welcome. Since you are commenting here, you are logged in and have the capability to start new threads. The area to do that is at the bottom of the main forum page that lists all of the recent discussions.

Diaz’ demotion and his struggles is certainly a topic worth talking about.

Participant

2-5? I counted 1up-6down. Castano has been huge for the Spikes and although the locals in Pa. might be excited, DC will get little attention as far as his prospect ranking….. because he doesn’t throw 100mph and he doesn’t strike our 1.5/inn. (see Matt Pearce)

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

We have Players and Pitchers of the Month to recognize top in-season performers. Prospect rankings reflect a player’s MLB promise. The two can be very different, especially when talking about a player who is still in short-season ball such as Castano.

Having said that, he has made four very good starts for State College. That has been quite a turnaround from his 6.19 ERA 2016 at JC.

On your other point, with State College and the DSL Cards winning, that made the Friday record 2-5, as stated in the Notebook.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years