Minor league thread – Fri 5/24

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Fri 5/24

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Nashville, 6:35 pm CT, Jake Woodford (3-1, 2.44)
    Springfield at Arkansas, 7:10 pm CT, Austin Warner (2-3, 4.37)
    Palm Beach at Charlotte, 6:30 pm ET, Alex Fagalde (5-2, 2.37)
    Peoria at Cedar Rapids, 6:35 pm CT, TBA

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Alexander “The Great” was stellar yet once again, but not quite his spectacular self, in last night’s 2-0 loss to Charlotte. Alexander went 7 innings strong, yielding 2 runs on 4 hits. The Bobbsey Twins (Nunez & Torres) went a combined 3-7 in Peoria’s triumph…….all 3 ringing singles.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Deleted.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Avatar Minuteman3.
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When you look at the massive amount of position player talent assembled in Peoria (Gorman, Herrera, Cedeno, Nunez, Torres, and even Perez) it gives us hope that within 3-4 years we will have a young core in St. Louis that can go head to head with the Cubs. Not all of them may pan out but there is plenty to be hopeful about. The hard part is having to wait.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think using the cubs as an example of where we want to be in 3-4 years is setting the bar just out of reach of a swarm of fire ants, Scotty. Well maybe they are a little better than that, but they are not that special of a team either…..and I think they will prove that this year. I would love to be where Houston is at. Kudos to the Astro brass!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am not sure what you mean Pugs. The standings tell the tale. The Cubs pitching is questionable but their position player core is basically the same they had in 2016 and still as potent. I look forward to having a core like that. We have too many guys on the wrong side of 30.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years