Minor league thread – Fri 5/17

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Fri 5/17

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at San Antonio, 7:05 pm CT, Daniel Ponce De Leon (3-1, 3.03)
    Springfield at NW Arkansas, 7:15 pm CT, Williams Perez (4-1, 4.30)
    Palm Beach vs. Bradenton, 6:30 pm ET, Tommy Parsons (1-0, 4.91)
    Peoria vs. Quad Cities, 6:35 pm CT, TBA

14NyquisT
    Participant

Because of the two double headers on Mon. and Thurs. and the bullpen has been very busy during the week, there really isn’t an option to having a bullpen game tonight…. the bullpen will have to work all nine innings. The normal rotation can kick in again on Sat.

Unless there is a starter at EST that can fill in for one game??

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy Parsons – 5 IP, 5 H, 1 BB, 0 ER. This performance got me to read Derek’s piece titled ‘Who is Tommy Parsons and Why is He So Good?’ again.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Right on, Mudville! Some decent news out of Peoria too. Malcom Nunez extended his hitting streak to 3 games, Torres finally got a hit and Gorman accrued 2 hits in the Chiefs 8-0 rout of the River Banditos. Schmid started and logged 6 innings of no run 3 hit baseball……What About Schmid….I think that was the title of a wonderful Jack Nicholson movie with Kathleen Bates. No action whatsoever, but one heck of an amusing movie. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s Chiefs game when Nunez extends that hit streak to 4 consecutive games. One final note. You Missourians have your Blues and good luck to them…. I’m rooting for them. We here in the great State of Wisconsin have the Milwaukee Bucks and what a team they are! I would say wish them luck, but I’m pretty sure they can go the distance without one ounce of good fortune….they are that great!

TheLonelyBull
    Participant

Free

I dare say Pugsley that perhaps you liked that movie so much because of the hot tub scene. Not one for the memory, at least not for me.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny TheLonelyBull!! It was quite possibly the hottest hot tub action imaginable. Speaking of Jack Nicholson. He’s just the kind of gentleman that we need on the top step of the Cardinal dugout. We need a manager with some passion and fire……and personality.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Dear Indugoo. Very moving funny movie.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Watch every Peoria game I can and fortunately most are televised. with Gorman, Perez, Herrera, Torres and Nunez we could be looking at a lot of the Cardinals long term future.

Looks like Nunez is getting enough control over the strike zone to have a shot to remain in Peoria. Torres a way to go. Seems to be coming along but still not enough contact.

Like the improvement at the plate by Perez but Gorman seems to really have made some significant adjustments. A Rays scout told me that projecting how well a prospect would adjust is the hardest thing about scouting. It appears that Gorman has cut down his swing a bit in order to have more bat control. Next he has to identify the pitches he can really drive and look for it while still controlling the strike zone.

Cardinal system has had a strange season. Memphis projected to run away with another championship in a struggle to stay above .500, Springfield’s 0-7 start. Coming along. Like recent performances by Carlson and Junior Fernandez. Palm Beach playing very well without impact players, but possible emerging prospect in Toerner. Bilardello likely a major factor there. Peoria up and down. Poor relief pitching other than at Palm Beach probably a major factor in the up and down performances.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.