Minor League Game Thread – Thursday, May 13

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Thursday, May 13

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Nashville: Angel Rondon 6:35
    Springfield at Arkansas: Kyle Leahy 7:10
    Peoria vs. Wisconsin: Ian Bedell 6:35
    Palm Beach “at” Jupiter: John Beller 5:30

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t help thinking Walker’s 116 mph ground out is as impressive as Helsley’s 101 mph fastball that went over Yadi’s head Wednesday.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re free to think that, BB. Helsley’s arm speed was impressive but the wildness cost us the game. Walker hitting a ball that hard at 18 is much more impressive, even if he did make an out. He’s hitting .385/.543/.769 with more walks than strikeouts in a pitcher’s park/league. Maybe you aren’t impressed, but I am.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t wait until they start working on his launch angle.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They don’t need to. He’s the only one that appears capable of hitting homers on that Palm Beach team. Lol

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have the same issue with Walker as I do with Gorman. The 2012 draft convinced me Mo’s computer doesn’t know anything about 3B prospects.

bccran
    Participant

Walker is a hulk. He’s 6’5″ and 220 lbs. Gorman is 6’1, 210lbs.

Walker’s ceiling is off the charts.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t k now if you were around here in 2012 cranny, but everybody was all googly eyed about those guys as well.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bling said:

The 2012 draft convinced me Mo’s computer doesn’t know anything about 3B prospects.

You have a selective memory. The fourth-rounder in 2015, that DeJong kid, turned out pretty well. (I guess you will say he doesn’t count because he ended up at a more valuable position…)

And regarding 2012, all three third base picks reached the majors and two of them became solid major leaguers. That they ended up at other positions is far less important that the reality that they made it. Not sure why every glass seems 3/4 empty…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.