Marisnick & Lucroy & Molina

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Marisnick & Lucroy & Molina

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by bicyclemike bicyclemike 5 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Anybody see the collision at Homeplate yesterday in Houston? Marisnick tagged on a flyball to RF and ran into Lucroy at Homeplate. I saw the replay and it looked to me like Marisnick had enough room to slide around Lucroy instead of knocking him to Galveston. I also saw an article on Yahoo Sports/MLB that Molina thought Marisnick was totally wrong in what he did.

Thoughts anyone?

r/Esteemed Rat

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Yeah Marisnick went out of his way to truck Lucroy when he had all of the back part of the plate to score with ease….this was dirty as can be and suspension is 100% needed here!

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Lots of Astros out there defending that dirty hit.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I just came across Yadi’s rant on the PD story. I just call him Yadi the Potty Mouth. He can barely speak English but seems to have mastered the F word and uses it liberally on a kids social media site. Yadi was a great baseball player and is still a very smart and good player but his social media antics are tiring. From now on when he hits into one of his frequent double plays and is just trotting down the line I will be reminded that he is just Yadi the Potty. Funny how the younger guys hustle and beat out double plays but it gets ridiculous when the 2B sits and has a cup of coffee before he throws to 1B and Yadi is not yet in the picture. Yes he is slow and has a hard position but there are times when the ball is muffed and he is still thrown out. You are never embarrassed when you hustle.

I know, I know – I have insulted the God of all Cardianals. Fire away.

BTW – I can understand why he is upset with the play but his method of expression is what pains me.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Avatar Minuteman3.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

MM3, Molina apologized for his language.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

In most cases, apologies are meaningless. Thinking before doing never requires apologies. In other words if you mean something say it and stick with your words. I have no doubt his apology was brought on by outside criticism which was well deserved. To me the smartest athletes are those who stay off social media and don’t involve themselves with the anti-everything crowd.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Molina should keep his mouth shut and his thoughts to himself. It wasn’t his place to inject he overstepped the boundaries.

MM… I agree with with your 11:11am comment. Pokey Yadi is getting too weird for words.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

BS Yadi is speaking up for Catches as he doesn’t want to see runners go HEAD hunting like that clown in Houston did…it was a BS dirty move by the runner….lets hope MLB has a pair and suspends him, because in the NFL that is a suspension…why shouldn’t it be in baseball…

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There were enough comments about the play. Molina is supposed to be a professional. His rant was unprofessional, uncalled for and just flat out mindless. He proved nothing more than he is a vulgar hothead. He is an embarrassment.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

There were enough comments about the play. Molina is supposed to be a professional. His rant was unprofessional, uncalled for and just flat out mindless. He proved nothing more than he is a vulgar hothead. He is an embarrassment.

So you can say stupid stuff on social media, but Yadi can’t? Got it. Shut up and play!

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

He was far from an embarrassment that is comical to event think that!

What was and continues to be embarrassing is the Astro’s players trying to defend the dirty play!

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Avatar Onyxgem.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

First off, this Nick Maris fellow will never be confused with the great Roger Maris. Yadi best be careful here as Manfred could end up slapping a suspension on him, while letting this Maris guy off scott-free. And as a quick aside, here we go once again with an Esteemed Rat authored mega thread in our midst. If Rat didn’t presently have so many nicknames, one could easily bestow the name “Thread Master” on him……and not be one inch leaning the wrong way in the process. During Will Clark’s playing days, Will would tip his cap at the drop of a hat to anyone he deemed fitting of the gesture. If Will were to ever cross paths with The Esteemed One, I think Will might be apt to throw Rat not one, but two tips of the cap. Keep em coming Rat!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good points, Pugs. Maris, Roger was a hard nosed player, but kept it clean. Maris, Nick crossed the line. They are not in the same class.

And our own Esteemed One is indeed a legend, worthy of the “Rats Buddy” moniker.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years