Manager of Player Development: Tony Ferreira

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Manager of Player Development: Tony Ferreira

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

I doubt that he’ll be missed. It might be prudent to hire someone from outside the organization to replace him. Some fresh ideas…. and a good start in another direction. The system is struggling right now.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good grief! How does the admin who manages schedules, travel plans and the like affect the play on the field? It is a real stretch to put a negative spin on that, but when every glass appears half-empty… The fact is that Cards lost a valued employee.

Cardinals Lose Top Player Development Assistant

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The sad fact is the whole MiLB system dragged azz in last place. There is more than enough blame to go around. It would be interesting to hear some ideas as to people to blame, but they are all great and deserving of praise.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C’mon now. No reasonable person would start their inquisition with the guy who makes travel arrangements, ensures players get paid, sets schedules and the like.

I will be writing about the bad season in detail, but you sure as heck won’t see Tony’s name in it.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dentist waiting room blues is the reason for the rather snarky comment earlier. To be fair though, how was I supposed to know he was the CJ Cherre of the minors. His title was provided but not anything about what he did. Besides, given the results, it would not be unreasonably harsh to have the whole player development department fed to the jackals.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bling asked:

To be fair though, how was I supposed to know he was the CJ Cherre of the minors.

By reading the articles on our front page, of course. That is the source of the original poster’s comment. 😉

Coincidentally, I also paid a trip to the dentist this morning. I hope you didn’t get drilled…

14NyquisT
    Participant

To be fair, I should apologize to Mr. Ferreira. I read “Player Development” and reacted in a negative manner.

The system really struggled this season and any improvement should be welcomed. I wasn’t aware that Ferreira was only the travel agent and cashier. .Trying to describe Ferreira’s role with the Cardinals is challenging. Essentially, it was to do anything needed to ensure players are where they need to be and ready to play, whether schedules, rosters, logistics or payments – while on call basically 24/7. From facebook

So good luck to him in Los Angeles and Mea culpa.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t blame him for bailing out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years