Luke Voit

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar NJ315 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

The one position pony seems to be doing okay. Maybe he didn’t need AFL competition or the additional instruction at STEP
    camp.

Just kidding, BW.

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

Let’s see how the league adjusts and how he adjusts back once 🙂

Always fun to watch new blood get hot to start though…

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I blame Voit for Carpenter being at second base! 😉

Seriously, why isn’t Matt back at third? At least he would not be making as many errors.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The club probably did not what to re-position two players, and thus moved Carpenter to second rather than Carp to third and Gyorko to second.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not sure that Carpenter is that much better at third than he is at second. I guess the range is not as critical at third. He fumbles a lot of balls at third as well.

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

Carp just doesnt have a position. Someone said it in another thread. He is ideal in a 1b/dh/backup if role. He doesnt quite hit enough to justify 1b full time but he more than hits enough to play him everywhere.

/shrugs

Voit has impressed so far. Like I said let’s see how the adjustment phase goes.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Voit looking good today. He’s a big man and maybe he becomes the guy we all hoped Adams would be.

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

He seems to have better plate discipline than most of our other younger players.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The realities of the minors that many do not think about.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Brian Walton Brian Walton.
    EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

So the $25 from Grandma is no joke!

NJ315
    Participant

Free

I said that and that’s I would like to trade him. The Yankees could use him. The Yankees are desperate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years