It is clear that we are short one starting pitcher

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum It is clear that we are short one starting pitcher

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Free

Do you think we address this situation in the next 4 days?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

While Syndergaard isn’t DeGrom he would be a nice addition. Just as long as we don’t have to give up much to get him.

Other than that I don’t see any #1s out there that might be available. Syndergaard is probably at least a #2.

r/Esteemed Rat

GameCard
    Participant

Free

We don’t need a # 1 or 2 necessarily…we just need a quality starter to go with Mikolas, Hudson & Flaherty.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Top like that may be available
    Greinke
    Romero
    Syndergaard
    Bumgarner (doubtful they trade him now)

Next in line that might be
    Minor
    S. Gray
    Boyd
    Duffy
    Ray
    Wheeler
    Vargas

Greinke and Duffy are owed a lot of $, so they may not take as much in terms of top prospects if team takes on the remaining salary…Greinke no trade clause could probably mean more $ spent to get him to waive if StL is on it.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Do you think we address this situation in the next 4 days?

Who knows what the hell this management is thinking. I know they’ve likely seen what I’ve been telling people for a long time. PDL is better as a bullpen arm with his pitch selection being limited and bulldog mentality. They might think that Wacha has turned a corner his last 2 appearances.

They need at least 2-3 additions and I’ve been crying for a lefty arm for the bullpen and a starter. Left handed would help if you intend on getting anywhere but any starting help would be welcome. You have some teams in the division who have some lefty thump. I know it’s just one starter but still.

It would shock me if they broke the bank for any of those elite options. I think they would like someone who might have a year or two of control to replace Waino and have as insurance if Martinez doesn’t return as a starter.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Gamecard, I respectfully disagree with the Cards not needing a #1 or #2 starter. I think that’s where they are lacking the most. CMart or Reyes could have been that guy and I’m guessing that’s what Mo & Co. were hoping for as well. I think they “need” that guy they can turn to in a game 1 of a playoff series, or during a losing streak, or an unfortunate one game WC playin game.

Who would that guy be right now because we are loaded with mid rotation guys currently? Bauer and Thor will likely be way to expensive for 1.3 and 2.3 years in prospects. I’m still thinking Grienke would be the best option if they can reduce the money from various avenues and what prospects it would take to get him.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Greinke and Stroman are the best options which I outlined in the Trades thread where we usually discuss such things.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.