Hurricane Irma puts many MLB games in doubt

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Hurricane Irma puts many MLB games in doubt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In the aftermath of Harvey, I was thinking ahead a bit to see what games may be in jeopardy due to this cat-5 monster. The updated path of Irma has it going straight up the state of Florida over this weekend. After Florida, large storms like this one sometimes go inland (in this case Georgia), others hug the coast (the Carolina outerbanks), then head North (mid Atlantic states & New England). Some turn right, into the Atlantic.
    Once they hit land they start moving quickly and can go in almost any direction.

Games in danger over the weekend due to preparations.
    MIA at ATL
    Games early next week:
    NYY at TB
    ATL at WAS
    MIA at PHI
    OAK at BOS
    Games next weekend:
    LAD at WAS
    OAK at PHI
    MIL at MIA
    BOS at TB
    NYM at ATL
    BAL at NYY

Teams like MIA,TB,BOS,ATL,PHI,OAK,NYY and BAL could possibly lose several games due to Irma and her track and wake.

I’m hoping that this category 5 hurricane just blows out to sea, but a lot of east coast residents will start preparing for the worse case scenario. It gets scary. I’ve lived on the east coast nearly all of my many years and know the drill.

The good news is that the Cards are playing their games way out in St. Louis and Chicago.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hang in there, 14. I saw something on the news that this could be the first year in over 100 where two storms of least a category 4 hit the U.S. in the same year.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Bike Mike thanks for reading the post. The heavens only know what damage this storm does. More scenes like Harvey-hit Texas/Louisiana are not only hard to watch but more of them will be too much to take. A storm like this could really mess up the fauna and flora of Florida, not to mention cities and neighborhoods…..and Disney World.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years