Holliday New Bench Coach, Blake and Turner Promoted

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Holliday New Bench Coach, Blake and Turner Promoted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Somewhat surprised that Holliday would want this. Does he have managerial thoughts in his head? Perhaps managing his son one day?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

All of the changes seem solid to me.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Well, I guess we’re fortunate to have someone named Dusty.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If I were a manager I would want the hitting and pitching coaches to keep the players healthy and spend lots of time with the young players adjusting to major league competition and improving their techniques.

I never saw Albert or Maddux working with the young players much during the game. They were usually talking to the vets and the young players appeared to be gravitating to Waino, Albert and Yadi for game advice. And I am very alarmed at the high rate of injuries, particularly among the pitchers.

Also the meltdown of Carp and DeJong and the dropoff in performance in O’Neill and Carlson (although injury related).

At any rate I am ready to try something new. Obviously Ollie was too because I don’t buy the spin. An Mo wisely decided to go along with his manager this time.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

If I were a field manager, I’d want my name to be Dusty right now.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Turner Ward is a very respected hitting coach. The Cardinals are fortunate to have him. He is a personal guru to Goldy.

Dusty Blake is less proven but Waino seems to speak very highly of him.

Matt Holliday will command a lot of respect from the players. Everyone knows who he is and what he has done. Maybe a manager in the making?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe a manager in the making?

Like Skip.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Like Skip.

And Marmol and Shildt.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.