Herzog Interview in the PD

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Herzog Interview in the PD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has anyone read Rick Hummel’s interview of Whitey in the
    Post Dispatch this morning? Lot’s of really good stuff, and Whitey has never been one to mince words.

To begin with, he feels that the Cards are in good shape because of their depth of middle relievers. And that it may be the turning point after this lay off. Feels that Gallegos, Gant, Brebbia, and Ponce all have good enough stuff to go through the lineup once, while at the same time also have good enough stuff to close a game. Said that if you have a starter who’s at 99 pitches by the 5th inning, you can bring in any of those 4 guys and they can take you through the 6th and 7th, saving other guys for the 8th and 9th. Plus you don’t have to use a pinch hitter in the 6th that you could use later on.

Lots of other stuff to discuss from this interview.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Link, please?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Never mind. I found it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

His comments about the offense are interesting.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What did he say about the offense? I cant see the link, nothing but blank gray lines.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Rats – click on the link that Brian provided and the whole article comes up. But here are some excerpts.

“Dylan Carlson is a helluva prospect. They might want to give him 30 days in the minors. But why not put him out there?”

“Tyler O’Neill has thunder in his bat. It looks like he’s improved but the more you play him the worse he gets. And then you strike him out and he starts chasing.”

“And you watch (Harrison) Bader. He’s the fastest guy to first base from the right handers batters box, since I guess, Micky Mantle, that I’ve seen. But he’s up there trying to hit home runs and he can’t beat out anything when he falls toward third base.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years