Guys who deserve a chance in STlouis

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Guys who deserve a chance in STlouis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Patrick Wisdom 3B-1b R/R 26 yrs old
    Games 61
    AB 216 H 64
    2B 12 3B 1 HR 8 RBI 37 BB 23 K 62 BA .296 OBP .367 SLG .472 OPS .839

Max Schrock 2B
    L/R23 yrs old
    2018 season
    G 57 AB 217 H 62 2B 11 3B 0 HR 3 RBI 25 SB 7 CS 4 BA .286 BB 12 K 20 OBP .342 SLG .378 OPS .710

both would be needed to be added to 40-man roster

Oscar Mercado OF R/R 23 yrs old- is on 40 man roster
    2018 season
    G 61 AB 233 H 73 2B 14 3B 0 HR 6 RBI 27 SB 14 CS 6 BB 25 K 36BA .313 OBP .379 SLG .459 OPS .839

Tyler O`Neill OF R/R 22 will be 23 june 22-had a 2 week stint in STlouis earlier
    G- 38 AB 145
    H 46 2B 5 3B 1 HR 15 RBI 36 SB 2 CS 0 BB 11 K 36 BA .317 OBP .363 SLG .672 OPS 1.038
    since his demotion to AAA
    10-33 2HR 8 RBI 7 BB 8 K
    \

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Wong gets traded (and he probably should be since he’ll never get a chance at every day play again and without it he will keep hitting poorly), I could see Schrock added.

Ditto Mercado if we drop an OF.

Wisdom is fairly meh to me. Maybe the positional flexibility makes him a better choice than Voit I suppose.

O’Neill will be up again and in the mix next year. Nothing wrong with working on the approach in Memphis for a while.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Schrock needs to be brought up yesterday. I don’t believe he hasn’t got his shot yet. Wong’s dependable glove has to be valued, but when you look at his complete package, you see the words “nice utilityman”. Mercado up….Fowler out…enough said on that topic.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why do these guys deserve a chance in St. Louis when they are striking out too much in the minor leagues? If they get called to the big team they will logically strikeout more. Don’t we have enough players striking out already without calling up new ones to strikeout???????

r/Rat

GACard
    Participant

Free

I don’t understand how Schrock deserves a chance with a .710 ops in AAA

I don’t see Memphis play much though, so maybe I’m missing something

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You never truly know what you have in a player until they get their opportunity in the show, Rat. Nobody watching Joey Votto playing in the minors would have ever dreamed he would have blossomed into half the player he has become. Ditto for Matt Holliday and Robinson Cano. Even Albert would somewhat fit into this group. The majors are littered with players who barely cut the mustard in the minors. This doesn’t mean you send every minor league slug to the majors. But take a player with Schrock’s total profile and you better be giving him his shot……I have a tremendous feeling that this guy is going to be a dandy!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope you are right Pugs. But as a genital rule, if a player strikes out a lot in the minors he is going to strikeout more in the majors.

By the way, have you been watching the U.S. Open debacle at Shinnecock? Something tells me that you could have beaten Messrs Mickelson, Spieth, and McIlroy today.

r/Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Should have edited that one, Rats. Lol

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rats…..maybe Wisdom does K a bit much but he also draws some walks and hits with some power and plays 3B/1B more than adequately.Schrock foes not K much and does put the ball in play.O’Meill has walked nearly ad much as he had struck out since he was sent down and he is still hitting over .300 with a obp nearly .370.Rats do you even pay attention to the minor league guys or are you just fixated on the big team?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.