First Pitch Pitching Machine

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum First Pitch Pitching Machine

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Has anybody here on this Forum had any experience with the First Pitch Curveball pitching machine? I know at least in the past that Jugs pitching machines have always seemed to be the #1 choice so I am wondering if anybody has ever used a First Pitch machine? I am thinking about buying one for my own personal use.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~who has the fever/urge to hit and field again

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Sorry Rat, I can’t help you with your specific question, but how strong is your fever? You might consider the Fantasy Camp in Jupiter if you want a getaway in the Winter. They held it in January this year. A lot of good/great former players are involved. I don’t know anybody who’s ever participated so I don’t know how good the experience is.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think there’s a pitching machine in existence that can mount a challenge to Rat. Rat needs to face live, young and talented pitching. Those fantasy camps with ex MLers would only be child’s play for him. Do NOT waste your coin on some lame machine, Esteemed Rat!

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great thought on getting back in the box and hitting a few Rat! My suggestion to start out is to go to a local batting cage first, and try those out before investing in your own machine.

Not only will you the feel of hitting again, you most likely will meet people who will know all about the various machines.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Local batting cage? Here? In SW Indiana?

I am stopping at Mid America Sporting Goods store tomorrow. They supposedly have them. Going to see what I can find out.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who has been having some slight dizzy spells

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Esteemed Rat appearing at the local Mid America Sporting Goods store batting cages? They should charge admission. I’d pay $50 to see Rat light up that machine. If any scouts are in attendance, watch out! Put on a show that will be remembered for decades, Rat.

Try changing your diet for a few weeks weeks and watch those dizzy spells dissipate, Rat.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

No batting cage places around your area, Rat? Wow, where are you in relation to civilization?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indiana, BicycleMike……where basketball hoops can be found straddling every single garage, but nary a batting cage can be found. You know….I wonder if Rat was a hoopster back in the day? Probably not since he’s never brought it up.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs & Every Poster,
    I was a b’baller (basket) when I was in school here in Indiana. But I had Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia (P.A.T.) in school and my coach told me he would never start me because he didn’t want to have to pull a starter because of a health issue late in a close game.

I since have had the P.A.T. taken care of. A Radio Frequency Catheter Ablation at St. Vincent’s in Indianapolis on Friday the 13th of September 1996 has seemed to do the trick. Sounds similar to what Kenley Jansen has went through.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who was better at baseball than basketball

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years