Fans Behind Home Plate

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Fans Behind Home Plate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why are there always different people in the seats right behind homeplate? I thought those were for season ticket holders. Or are they like corporate seats and different companies/corporations get to sit there throughout the season?

I’ve noticed during games at Dodger Stadium that some of the faces are similar from game to game. I was just wondering why there always seem to be different people in the seats behind homeplate in St. Louis.

r/Esteemed Rat

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

People buy season tickets, then sell off the tickets they don’t want to use on eBay, Craig’s List, Facebook, etc. The faces you see during a playoff games usually are the owners of the seat. Similarly, many season tickets are owned by corporations who give them out to whomever they want to. There aren’t many people that go to 81+ games themselves. Same goes for other seats in the stadium besides the ones behind home plate.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I have a family member who worked for a company here in Southern Indiana that had season tickets right behind home plate at the old Busch. There were 5 or 6 people who got to use them and they only got to pick, I believe, 2 games to attend. The rest all went to customers and clients. I’d assume that’s how a lot of season tickets are. My dad and I did get to use them a time or 2, back in the McGwire days when I was in middle school or high school.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

So have you noticed the lady n Milwaukee keeping a book. Can see her durr tree mug view of lh batters. Been there a couple years. Oh my she is healthy

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That’s Front Row Amy. She’s been there for years. You can Google/Yahoo her and find out more info about her.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

If you’re into Front Row Amy, this is worth a watch (short youtube clip).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years