Edman

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is he in the show to stay. My guess is that he will be a casualty of the numbers game as players return from the IL. He seems to be very smart and appears to be making adjustments. Wong has to be a little concerned.

Also will Junior Fernandez and/or Carlson be a September callup. I don’t know their exposure to Rule V.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Edman has hit a couple of key homeruns and gotten some big hits. But overall he’s only around .250 or so now. I expect his average to continue to dwindle and, as a result, be sent back down and be a September callup.

Is he the 3rdbaseman/leadoff hitter of the future? Who knows. Maintaining a .275 or above average would help.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Why would Edman need to be sent down any time soon? Sosa will go when Carpenter is ready. Gyorko is the only other injured infielder and he is nowhere near being ready – and we are already in the latter part of July. If Edman does have to go down, it shouldn’t be long.

(P.S. When Ozuna is ready, I think Bader could/should draw the short straw, but they could decide to go with five outfielders instead.)

Carlson does not need to go on the 40-man yet. He isn’t coming – barring a catastrophe of outfield injuries.

Fernandez was eligible last December in the Rule 5 Draft and was not taken, a reminder of how much he has improved/restored his prospect standing in a short time. If he keeps going, he should be up some point this season.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years