Center Field Prospects

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Center Field Prospects

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar RememberDiz 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Memphis – Lane Thomas

Springfield – Blake Drake

Palm Beach – Chase Pinder

Peoria – JR Davis, Nick Plummer, Scott Hurst, Brandon Riley

State College – Wadye Ynfante

Johnson City – Jonatan Machado, Leandro Cedeno

GCL Cardinals – Diomedes Del Rio, William Jimenez

DSL Cardinals – Carlos Soler, Adanson Cruz, Joerlin De Los Santos

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

hmm…

Machado, Thomas, Cedeno, Ynfante…i feel i have been hearing the most about those guys…not sure the order on the best though…Machado intrigues me and Cedeno at JC has been Groman level impressive even if he doesnt get the upward movement Gorman got

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Pinder is at Springfield, Hurst at Palm Beach, Machado at State College, and Solar finished in the GCL.

Arern’t Carlson (PB) and Arrozarena (Memphis), and Garcia (Memphis) in the CF mix.

Not sure I remember seeing Cedeno or Jimenez in CF in any box score this year.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the catch CC

I included Cedeno by mistake. He played 1b and corner outfield

Jimenez according to Baseball Reference played 16 games in CF and 16 games in LF

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pinder has been on the Springfield DL since the 25th and he was on the PB DL for two weeks in May. Carlson has played 5 games in CF and Arozarena 16. Cedeno has never played CF in pro ball.

1. Thomas (TCN #19)
    2. Machado (#33)
    3. Hurst (#40)
    4. Pinder (#37)
    5. DelRio

I would have included Jimenez but he’s a 22 y.o. man playing in a boy’s league. Ynfante has a .406 k-rate and is batting .205, the Fowler of State College. Plummer still hasn’t shown much of anything in the four years since he was drafted. With Bader in STL and Mercado traded our CF position not looking too good.

Hopefully we can get at least five years out of Bader because, of the five I listed, they are all iffy at best for MLB play.

UncleDenny
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Adolis Garcia, Randy Arozarena and Lane Thomas plus Conner Capel and a kid from DSL hit like .375 Joerlin De Los Santos. Plenty there to watch in addition to Pinder and Machado.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas could be a sleeper prospect.He is getting some good notices now because this is the first year he has actually been healthy and played full-time.Power and speed and good defense.Whats not to like? plus he just turned 23 at Memphis and is holding his own.I wouldnt be surprised if he leaves Adolis Garcia in the dust.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

It certainly looks like Bader has his job until we draft some new centerfielders. Wonder if our third base prospects can learn to play centerfield?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years