Carlos Martinez sued again

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Carlos Martinez sued again

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Martinez’ image-building took a hiatus today, though it is not a woman this time. A man in Illinois has filed a suit alleging he was jumped and badly injured back in 2014 by a group of men that included Martinez and Oscar Taveras.

The Belleville News-Democrat, not the Post-Dispatch, broke the story.

https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article198093299.html

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Jen Langosch contacted Martinez’ agent, whose response was predictable.

“The allegations in the article are false, and we have not seen any complaint. Carlos will address it once we have more information.”

They probably plan to find out if the guy has been in a coma the last four years. 😉

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I’m sure there’s some irony when Carlos started making money and this suit. However there’s a pattern with Carlos and some of his actions that proves there’s some smoke to this. This Rumor, the reckless way he handled his facebook account with some adult material, the VD suit and some of his actions and looks on the mound.

He makes millions. He should act like a professional. Maybe he’ll learn or maybe he’ll never reach his potential.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Just to clarify it was twitter, not facebook.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not to rush to judgment but if these allegations are found to be true it certainly isn’t a good look.The knock on CMart has been a lack of emotional control and focus, which I think has prevented him from becoming a true ace. That and the inability to field his position.

Hopefully this will blow over but even if true we have to remember this incident that allegedly happened was in 2014. He is surely more mature now.

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

The examples re Martinez’s behavior cited above are valid but not close to recent. Kinda like what triggered this lawsuit.

Must have been a heck of a coma, Brian.?

858booyah
    Participant

Free

He’s not more mature. You still see it in the bullpen warming up, how he acts at times on the mound and his appearance.

He’s has ace type stuff no doubt. He’s got a long way to go to be like a King Felix IMO. That’s how good I think he can be if he knocks off the nonsense. We need him more than we’ve ever needed him this year to be the anchor of the rotation with so many questions.

PadsFS
    Participant

I find it ridiculous for older adults to judge someone else completely based on looks and how they “act” in a dugout. I’m sure most of you have kids. Have you ever seen the way they look, dress, and act. Reminds me of the movie back to the future.

I didn’t even know about how Twitter compiled all of your “likes” into some sort of a searchable platform. That was certainly added after it started and applied retroactively.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pads, you’re deluding yourself.

Regarding King Felix….My understanding is that he has been showing up at ST for the last couple of years, out of shape and overweight. Looks, and pitches, like a shell of his former self. And the Mariners still owe him almost $55M, guaranteed.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This story is back in the news as the legal battles continue between Martinez and another man. Along with Martinez and Taveras, a third player was involved – then Miami OF Marcell Ozuna. There is video evidence.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/videos-documents-detail-brawl-outside-strip-club-involving-st-louis/article_46b32ac0-da49-5277-8621-5b8a0e7b4460.html

14NyquisT
    Participant

Just being at that place is a bad choice. This is the stuff that gives the organization a black eye. After all this went down the Cards trade for Ozuna. Uh, dumb.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Boys will be boys. This is no more than a classic case of some ambulance chaser trying to make some easy money.

NJ315
    Participant

Boys will be boys??? Is that an excuse of some sort? Of course as soon as they find you have money they are going to sue. How about staying out of trouble and not giving them a chance to sue you.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, just our “dumb” luck that Ozuna was the player we pursued and got. I remember like it was yesterday when I first heard of the Ozuna acquisition. I was sitting on the john reading the morning sports page and I let out a yell. I kept shaking my head back and forth saying “why not Yelich….why not Yelich”. He could have been ours and it would not have cost us Flaherty to get him. Could you imagine Yelich & Bader patrolling the outfield for us for the next decade…..it would haved been a thing of beauty!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nowadays it’s really hard to keep a lid on stupid choices like these when carried out in public view.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Oh, one other thing this just reminded me of is you never know what chain reaction will occur after the first act of aggression. Recently a Wake Forest Univ assistant basketball coach punched a guy on the streets in Manhattan after some conflict. The guy fell back on his head on the sidewalk/curb and died a day or so later. Now the coach has big problems. Of course, that event also was an after-midnight affair with alcohol involved.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Let’s hope this is the end of the hi jinx. We shall see!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hopefully it is the end of Carlos’ bad pub, but that was nothing new. A few years ago in doing research on something (can’t remember what I was writing about), I stumbled on a 1965 article that was almost the same thing, with different actors. In that incident, some guy sued Clete Boyer and Roger Maris for an altercation at a bar.

Nothing really came of it, although I think Boyer was fined. Not surprising though, both Boyer and Maris were traded after the following season, although the trades had more to do with shedding aging veterans than the bar altercation from the year before.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.