Cards sign Gullermo Zuniga

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Cards sign Gullermo Zuniga

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

4-4, 4.77 ERA in AA last year. 66 Ks in 54.2 IP, and a 1.41 WHIP. So I guess that’s something.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So, we only protected one of our Rule 5 eligibles and we’re giving the 40 man slots to unemployed AA guys? Good grief.

slidinlefty
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I actually like this pick up. He has the bullpen slider and a good enough fastball. He slots in well with the Loutos, Walsh, Pacheco bunch as an arm that could potentially take a spot on the roster or add depth. Who knows if Walsh will be healthy.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Its a flyer. May or may not pan out.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree ZTR … my gut reaction was a Maikel Cleto-type signing. We must have someone in this system that thinks
    they can turn Guillermo around. Thanks for the insight Brian.

Now I am a bit worried about the Front Office approach this off-season. Have they underestimated what is going to cost to add needed pieces? Is this signing a signal that they cannot “fit” veteran bull pen arms into their 2023 Budget?

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I imagine they gave him a mlb deal to keep him from being taken in R5 draft rather than the idea that he will stick with the team. He still has options.

dblack
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Apparently this guy has lots of potential and his agent is a great salesman…I saw him pitch 4-5 times last year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mrperkins said:

I imagine they gave him a mlb deal to keep him from being taken in R5 draft…

All they would have had to do is wait 24 hours longer to sign him and Rule 5 wouldn’t have mattered. It will be over for another year in about three hours from now. I don’t think that was it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.