Cards Acquire C Ali Sánchez

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Cards Acquire C Ali Sánchez

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MLB Pipeline had him as the #21 prospect in the Mets system. His defense appears to be good (60 field, 60 arm) but without a great hit tool (45) and almost no power (30). Is this the backup to Yadi this year?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

RosterResource shows two options remaining

Participant

Paid - Annual

Another plate discipline guy. Putting it in play allows for improvement over time. Seems solid defensively, 46% throw out.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If one of Yadi or Knizner were injured, Herrera is the only remaining 40man catcher. Now Sanchez and/or Knizner can ride the bench behind Yadi, while Herrera plays daily in the minors.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I would say most likely Sanchez and Heineman will be the duo in Memphis unless we have an injury in St. Louis. Herrera opens the season in Springfield.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Blake Newberry includes scouting detail.

Don’t forget about the third catcher on the taxi squad, folks… My guess is that this is a Julio Rodriguez reaction.

Cardinals Acquire Catching Prospect Ali Sanchez from the Mets

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My guess is that this is a Julio Rodriguez reaction.

Have we heard what actually happened with Rodriguez?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Obviously, not a major transaction, but a nice move all the same. Is Mo in the zone or what? Remember when you were young and those semi-rare occasions when while playing basketball, you couldn’t miss on those long range jumpers? The instant that ball left your hand, you knew it was swisharoo time. Well, that is exactly what our GM is presently experiencing. Mo is hotter than a firecracker…….but it won’t last…..it never does. The Cards need to take advantage of Mo’s hot hand by having him continue to make trades before the season starts. Keep launching up those 3’s, Mo!

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Perfect guy for that taxi squad catcher. It is too bad Jose Godoy left. Does that job pay mlb minimum and accrue service time?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nigel T asked:

Does that job pay mlb minimum and accrue service time?

No and no. Taxi squadders are not major leaguers.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Thanks. I was thinking about applying. Taxi squad middle infielder seemed like pretty good work if they were hiring and you made mlb bucks with service time. If they expect me to do that for minor league money and no retirement, I probably won’t even update my resume.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Julio Rodriguez injured apparently?

Participant

Sanchez will be useful at Memphis as questions swirl about JRodriguez. He made stops at every level in the minors and is still young enough to improve. Pretty much average height and 200lbs which is a good build for a catcher. I guess the FO saw a chance to snatch up some catching depth and sprang to it.

Only one spot left on the 40-man.

Participant

Free

What is the deal with Rodriguez? I have seen posters reference him but I don’t recall any news about him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

forsch31, it seems like a situation where those with inside info know but won’t say until somebody else reports it first. BW has previously explained to me that confidential info must be treated respectfully or you will get a cold shoulder next time.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

I believe they are just getting coverage so Dennis Ortega will have more media time for interviews during his meteoric rise to stardom this spring.

Participant

Free

Centerfielder whose hitting prowess is very similar to Bader. Depth move.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Are you ok Pugs? Your post was one of those last words type of things. I’m just glad you didn’t add ellipses, or I would be calling 911.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Nigel. Yeah was just testing to see if this would post. I guess super long posts are not allowed here any longer. I was just trying to say thanks to Euro Dandy over on the X Factor thread for the shout-out and with it, I had a very long in depth study of our young hurlers. All for not as it wouldn’t accept it. Tried several times to no avail. I guess once you start a post, it needs to be submitted within x amount of time or it will not be allowed. Brian?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years