Buster Posey Retiring

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Buster Posey Retiring

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Just announced on the MLB Channel. Retiring after 12 years.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Could you imagine being able to ride off into the retirement sunset at age 34 with the financial resources that Buster has accrued? Buster may very well have 50 years left to frolic on this planet in complete style.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A great player and an All-time Giant … probably the best catcher to play for the Giants inSan Francisco. Was glad to see him comeback and see him finish strong.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think you’re right, 1964Cards. Historically, I don’t think the Giant franchise has been blessed with great catchers such as Buster.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid – Annual
    Could you imagine being able to ride off into the retirement sunset at age 34 with the financial resources that Buster has accrued? Buster may very well have 50 years left to frolic on this planet in complete style.

My wife’s been watching this show, Below Deck, and Johnny Damon is on it a few times as a guest, just blowing 50-100k on a 3-4 day bender, er vacation. It’s crazy to think he made enough to do that.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It doesnt make much sense for Posey to retire given how great his season was in 2021.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I dont see any way the Giants come close to repeating what they did in 2021. Even if Posey returns, I still dont see it.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It doesnt make much sense for Posey to retire given how great his season was in 2021.

It makes a lot of sense for Posey on a personal level. Recall he sat out 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns for his baby twins who were preemies with weakened immune systems. He also has another set of 10 y/o twins. I’ve also read he and his wife are very spiritual people. He already has loads of money, so I bet baseball is down a bit on his list of priorities at this stage of his family’s development.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree Euro. I was not surprised he decided to hang it up.

grayssportsalmanac
    Participant

Free

Good for posey- baseball for him is a job and for giants fans simply a game. Life is short and at some point time > money, especially when you have buster posey money.

The real question is will he be HOF? Id lean towards yes but only bc of the 3 rings/a roy/ and an mvp. But the cumulative stats just arent there- will be interesting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years