Brebbia and Ravelo non-tendered, Gant signs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Brebbia and Ravelo non-tendered, Gant signs

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This makes sense for Ravelo. He was basically ready to go overseas this past year and the Cards talked him out of it. He’d be better off trying to build value over there and come back in a couple of years.

Brebbia isn’t too surprising either. They have lots of good relievers and Brebbia was injured. He’ll get a shot somewhere though.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Correct me if I am wrong……when a player is non-tendered they then become an unrestricted free agent.

Correct?

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

That’s correct, Rat.

Participant

Free

I know very little about tecnicalities of how things works with all this stuff. Somebody help me, please. Does that mean Brebbia is gone? Can they sign him anyway?

Participant

Free

Brebbia and Ravelo are free agents. They could still sign either one. It could be a major league contract or a minor league contract. They are free agents just like Molina and Waino.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If you’all would please just click on the photo and read the free story, these answers should be clear…

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hardly recognize Brebbia with no beard. He looks like a kid.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

And on the topic of non-tendered players, I wonder if the Cardinals would be interested in David Dahl, who was non-tendered by the Rockies.

He is a very skilled player who spent a lot of time on the injured list here in Denver. If he can somehow stay healthy, he has all-star potential.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My quick recap.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That is a higher amount than I expected. Was MLBTR’s estimate even that high?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MLBTR had Gant at 1.9mil

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sigh… it is all in the article…

Participant

Free

forsch31:

Thank you.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sigh… it is all in the article…

I was reacting to the initial tweet. I then read the article, but didn’t feel like editing the post. I like to have the info on the forum as well, although I understand that it’s useful for you to get the clicks.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I make no money on clicks. This site is ad-free. The reason is that I despise popup windows and auto-play videos elsewhere and refuse to subject you all to it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If you’all(RatsBuddy) would please just click on the photo and read the free story, these answers should be clear…

I’m thinking we should snag Schwarber. I know UCONN has always been a fan of the big lug. You just know he would be a cub killer for years to come. I actually like his upside over Bryant’s. Bryant has never been the same since his nasty beaning a few years back. And at this stage in his career, he’s not getting “it” back.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I would only want Schwarber if the DH is coming back to the NL. Then you gotta look at the fact if you have Schwarber as the DH that means Carp is getting a lot of playing time at 3B meaning his option probably vests. Do we really want Carp back for 2022?

Participant

Free

Couldn’t take a another year of Carp glaring back at the umpire after called strikes.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like a good deal for Gant. He wasn’t expected to earn that much. I thought the Cards were cutting costs at every turn? lol

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Brebbia and Ravelo were more roster moves than cost cutting moves.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years