Bold Predictions for the Cards Minor League Season

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Bold Predictions for the Cards Minor League Season

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re a couple of days away from the start of the minors season! Here at TCN, we probably place more emphasis on the farm than any other Cardinals fan site on the net, so I know a bunch of us are jonesing for our first look at the minor league group since 2019. So how about some BOLD Predictions in the mold of our majors picks we made before the MLB season started?? Let’s see who looks like the smartest person in the room and who looks like a smart alek by the end of the summer!

I’ll start:

1. The Memphis Redbirds lead their division in ERA. The staff looks loaded and the bullpen will have guys who will pitch in St Louis at various times this year. Liberatore, Thompson and Oviedo could all be on the postseason MLB roster if things go well. This is a special pitching staff.

2. Nolan Gorman leads the Texas League (I don’t care if that’s not what it’s called officially, but it’s what it should be) in HRs at the time of his inevitable call up to Memphis. Elsewhere on Springfield, Delvin Perez has an .800 OPS on the year at AA, and ends up at Memphis too.

3. Peoria might be the least exciting farm team right now, but with players moving up and down, they will be a must see box score by the end of the year. Either Jhon Torres or Malcom Nunez hits 20 HRs this year.

4. Palm Beach’s best pitcher will be Ludwin “The Magnificent” Jimenez, who will be the league pitcher of the month at least once as his name becomes a well known one in prospect circles. Speaking of the lower levels, a bonus #4 is that Trejyn Fletcher comes up big after being spurned for full season ball, with a .900+ OPS in the GCL before an in season promotion. The Cards end up with 6 top 100 prospects after this year (Gorman, Libby, Herrera, Thompson, Walker, Fletcher/Jimenez).

5. One of the Cards’ affiliates will bring home a trophy. Are they giving trophies with no playoffs this year? I don’t know, but I like the talent assembled at a couple of places and I think at least one of them (maybe Memphis, maybe Palm Beach) will have the best record in their league.

Participant

I’ll go out on a limb and select some prospects that will move up on our prospects list in ’21 and the Pitcher of the Year and Player of the Year for each team.

Memphis…. ARondon**EMendoza**Nootbaar//Pitcher-Liberatore…Player-Thomas

Springfield….Escobar**JuRodriguez**Toerner//Pitcher-Escobar…Player-IHerrera

Peoria….Schlesener**Redmond**JTorres//Pitcher-Bedell…Player-JTorres

Palm Beach….LJimenez**Lott**Romeri//Pitcher-ENunez…Player-Winn

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like the picks for Player and Pitcher of the Year!

I’ll go with:

Memphis: Nolan Gorman and Matthew Liberatore

Springfield: Ivan Herrera and Alvaro Seijas

Peoria: Malcom Nunez and Jack Ralston

Palm Beach: LJ Jones and Ludwin Jimenez

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years