Blake Parker signed

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Blake Parker signed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

He had a good 2021. Nice signing.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have actually met Blake Parker. He is friends with a guy I work with. He played high school and college baseball here in NW Arkansas. I hope he makes the team and does well for the Cards.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A nice veteran pitcher. Hopefully he can help out. I’m sure he will get his shot.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Hard to find fault with this signing. Parker’s a little long in the tooth at 36, and unlike the standard modern reliever he doesn’t intimidate with velocity, but he was effective each of the past two years and has been a “clutch” performer for his career.

Career, bases empty: .249 average allowed, and .714 OPS
    With men on base: .212 and .671
    Men in scoring position: .184 and .618

In 2021 the splits were even more pronounced.
    Empty .842
    M.O.B. .591
    R.I.S.P. .477

Parker did struggle in September, so there’s a chance he’s not healthy — or is simply washed up. But the risk here is virtually non-existent, and the upside is substantial. Nice job by the Redbird front office, I’d say.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My take is he’s a serviceable MLB pitcher who can stay on the field. We have trouble developing those in house.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree with almost everything posted. This could be a low risk / moderate reward signing. The potential is there to get some quality innings at some point.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years