Betting in Baseball at Games

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Betting in Baseball at Games

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

We have touched on this topic in the context of Sinclair and the TV telecasts, but didn’t have a thread on the general subject.

New news out of DC is that you will be able to buy a beer, hotdog and place a bet while at Nationals games.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You can “bet” that Minor League Baseball will change its prior stance against betting now that MLB is in charge… Cha-ching!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Minor league players, who are being paid less than minimum wage in some cases, surely would never be at risk to be under the sway of multibillion dollar gambling industry.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I guess a question is how popular betting on minor league games would be, but then again, if they are easier to fix, the money would be easier for the crooked gamblers to make… And the risk is not just players. Managers don’t make much, either, and they have plenty of control over outcomes.

Somewhere, Pete Rose is rubbing his hands together in anticipation…

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I’ve got a classic album in my vinyl collection, the Doobie Brothers fourth release I believe titled “What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits”. Great album by the way.

But that is where we are going with gambling. It is getting normalized. Marijuana is already pretty much there. Pete Rose might get to the Hall after all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years