Best defensive infield (25 man roster candidates)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Best defensive infield (25 man roster candidates)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

This really comes down to a discussion of Dejong, Munoz, and Gyrko. Maybe just Dejong and Munoz. Gyrko is probably the best defensive 3B man. Who is better defensively at short – Dejong ou Munoz?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I haven’t seen enough of Munoz to be sure yet. But if he continues to be anywhere near as successful over time as he has been this spring, they could be the long-term left side of the infield. Still a big “if”, though.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Brian Walton Brian Walton.
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Brian, from very brief observation combined with what you may have over heard, which of Dejong or Munoz is the better defensive SS?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I have not asked that question of anyone directly, but I have heard comments that DeJong’s range is limited with SS not being his likely long term home and Munoz is surprisingly nimble. No conclusion about the latter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years